Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized on Fortune's “100 Best Companies To Work For” and at the top of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies.” Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that change the financial lives of more than 50 million personal users, seven million small businesses, and over 1,800 financial institutions and their millions of customers worldwide.
Combining organic growth with strategic partnerships, Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Our 8,000 entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market -- from QuickBooks®, Quicken®, and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, Intuit Healthcare Solutions, big data, SaaS, and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Come join Intuit as a Data Architect. Intuit Financial Services is looking for creative problem solvers with a passion for data innovation to join our team and revolutionize the way the world does business. Play a critical role in transforming online and mobile banking for Intuit Financial Services through a data lens. Work with the most talented cross functional team to deliver innovative solutions to our customer problems. Lead the Data Architecture of a SaaS environment paving the way in web and mobile - a world where we are enabling anywhere, anytime and anyhow financial services.
The responsibilities include:
- Owns the data architecture, from an analytics point of view.
- Owns the architecture for our transactional data assets - logical and physical data models, data warehouse databases/reports and data security.
- Define high level data architecture and data technology strategies, best practices, guidelines and standards that balance short term and long term objectives in a practical manner.
- Operate with a team of architects and data engineers - in a setting that involves interacting with Product Management, Engineering/QA, and Operations.
- Work with the business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
- Drive planning and architecture roadmap creation.
- Reviews the design and implementation of data architecture components.
- Work end to end with application groups to assure high quality of deliverables.
- Lead in our End to End Application, SaaS, UI or Mobile architecture initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a leader with a demonstrated track record of architecting data solutions. He/she will have demonstrated a track record of success in achieving high-impact business results.
The following characteristics are core attributes we are looking for within this executive's professional journey line:
Learn more about our award winning workplace and how we give back to our local and global communities. Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. How far can you think?
- MSCS (preferred), BSCS or equivalent with at least 10 years of software development experience. At least 5 years as an architect.
- 10+ years of experience developing systems and software for large business environments in data; finance industry experience is highly desirable.
- Expertise in creating and maintaining data architectures, including data modeling and application data usage patterns.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. HBASE, Hadoop, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.)
- Hands-on technical experience using data warehouse, business intelligence and analytics products.
- At least 7 years of hands-on Java experience.
- Expertise with SaaS, UI or Mobile Architecture is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to develop architectures that incorporate high availability, operations supportability and scalability - an end to end perspective.
- Demonstrated track record in setting Engineering Strategy.
- Strong leadership experience in leading a team to deliver high quality products
- Strong problem solving skills with a history of driving the development of major software components
- An end to end thinker and collaborator, able to influence and drive change across Intuit.
- An effective communicator, able to clearly articulate ideas and inspire others for action.
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently.
- Innovative, with the ability to think beyond.
- Passionate, all about doing it right.
Be innovative… Be yourself... Be Intuit …
United States of America-California-Mountain View
Intuit - 8 months ago
Intuit knows that good accounting takes more than a pocket calculator. The company is a leading developer of software used to manage persona...