ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Everyday our 9,000+ colleagues come together across 46 countries to realize our company vision – Connect Everything, Empower Everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work—their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job - it’s an opportunity to help change the world...
Title: Architect, Strategic Alliances, Systems Integrators and IBM
Work Location: North America; SF/Bay Area preferred
Reports to: VP, Strategic Alliances, Systems Integrators
Activities and Responsibilities
- Technical Solutions Senior-level Systems Engineering for Systems Integrators (SIs) and IBM
- Work directly with the Juniper Strategic Alliances Executives (Alliance VPs, Business Development leaders and Sales leads) to provide strategic direction and leadership of the technical aspects of the partnerships. Concurrently, drive highly integratedtechnical solutions between Juniper and the partner (e.g., SI, IBM)
- Provide technical consulting expertise in the areas of Juniper’s Network technologies and portfolio to the Juniper and partner technical communities
- Owns integration of Juniper Technology into partner led solutions at the Architectural level through to testing in collaboration with Alliance and local SEs and customer POC deployments. Also provide post sale technical expertise in collaboration with Alliance services leads for effective hand over of the solution to the Juniper Technical Assistance Center (JTAC).
- Drive the creation of economic value through joint development programs, product planning and cross-pollination of Intellectual Property which create unique/differentiated technical alignment between the partner and Juniper.
- In cooperation with Juniper’s and the Partners’ Business Units, develop unique integrated solutions that meet specific requirements identified by the Alliance and/or joint customer’s technical and product/project managers. This will include creating diagrams, models and presentations detailing the technical operation of the joint solutions.
- Analysis of the Alliance solution or joint customer (Global Enterprise or Service Provider) needs, predict changes in those needs over time including projected network needs and reflect those needs in future designs for IT systems and IT solutions.
- Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise to the partner in the High performance networking and Juniper technology areas. This includes but is not limited to Computing, Network and Data Storage requirements.
- Understand the technical capabilities and portfolio of Juniper’s competitors and leverage that knowledge to best position Juniper’s technology and products to the partner, and within the joint solutions developed with that partner.
- Support the training developed for the new technology solutions and designs to partners and joint customers as relevant.
- Serve as the Alliance Partner’s primary interface to Juniper with respect to the thought leadership, planning and management of all strategic joint technology and systems development activities as defined by the VP of the Alliance.
- Have the ability to relate and position Juniper offerings and strategy to competitive products and broader industry trends.
- Be viewed as a technology peer to technical leads within IBM and SI community
- Develop trusted relationships with the key senior level technical leaders within the partner and the Juniper Business Units. This effort will involve some International travel as well as extensive travel within the USA and in Sunnyvale, CA (if candidate not based in the San Francisco Bay Area) to build relationships and develop technical solutions with Alliance Partners.
· Goals / Value Created :
- Within the Partner (SIs and IBM):
- The primary strategic technology planners – group CTO’s.
- Trusted Broker to BU Engineering and Product Managers at Juniper
- Within Juniper:
- Individual Alliance Executives.
- Within BU’s, the Technical Development, Strategy and Product Management leadership.
- Within the SI and IBM Strategic Alliances – the go-to person on questions about Juniper/partner technology and systems.
- Provide leadership to alliance teams
- To the Strategic Partner:
- Provide a single authoritative contact point for questions related to product/solution creation, technical planning and joint development.
- Directly guide Juniper’s evaluation of technical opportunities to ensure thoughtful and expeditious evaluation of opportunities and reach clear, defensible conclusion/next-steps.
- Driving this process efficiently for * both sides * is key,
- Ensure we present to the partner a single rationalized view of our product/technology plan with comprehensive technical thought leadership.
- Via trusted relationships with the partner, drive the engagement around Juniper-initiated joint development. Serve as the single point of contact towards the partner for Juniper BU Strategy/Product Development, Management and roadmaps.
Education and Experience:
Experience with Juniper and/or IBM a plus
- BS/BA or equivalent; MS/MBA preferred; Engineering Degree
- Account CTO or Solutions Architect
- Strong and thorough understanding of IP networking space with a particular focus on Data Center/Cloud and SDN solutions comprising technology, applications, vendors & market dynamics
- Technical/product management background
- Industry Standards expertise and credibility.
- 10+ years experience in technical selling/consulting and 5+ years experience business development / corporate development in a relevant space
- Experience working across all areas of business from engineering, sales, and manufacturing to C-level
- Effective negotiation skills
- Strong persuasive skills and ability to influence decision makers
- Proven track record in strategic partner development from a technology/Chief Architect perspective with the ability to apply expert knowledge and understanding of key strategic alliance initiatives and company technology strategy.
We offer market competitive benefits! http://www.juniper.net/us/en/company/careers/benefits/
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Juniper Networks is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Juniper Networks has blossomed in a landscape dominated by Cisco. The company designs and sells network infrastructure equipment used to...