A highly creative, resourceful, and self motivating Architect. Must be an experienced architect with exterior design and entitlement/permitting experience for a big box retailer. Responsibilities will include exterior design for all retail projects. This is a fast paced environment that requires an individual who can produce quick and decisive solutions. Hands on involvement from concept to installation.
Exterior Design and Development
Project Management and Oversight
- Self manage the exterior design of their assigned projects from concept through completion based on each individual project schedule and budget.
- Design Development: Provide overall design and management direction for architectural exterior.
- Analyze construction and delivery methods for continuous improvement.
- Coordinate the exterior design with our interior planning and design, construction, pre-development, real estate, and legal departments.
- Project manage New Store and Remodel store exteriors through the entitlement process.
- Work with authorities having jurisdiction, to deliver prototypical store exteriors.
- 4 year design degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Registered and licensed architect
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- 3-5 years building design, entitlement, and building permitting experience
- AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project Proficiency
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding conceptual and design development skills (concept sketching and rendering skills)
- Revit/BIM knowledge is a plus
- Working knowledge of project management databases
Store Planning & Design/Construction
Store Planning & Design
Kohl's Corporation - 16 months ago
Kohl’s Corporation (Kohl’s) operates family-oriented, department stores that sells apparel, footwear and accessories for women,...