Provides Technical oversight for the development, implementation and support of network standards and architecture enabling an innovative and transformative network supporting the real time transport of voice, video, and data. Ensures overall global technical standards and solutions with lead technical architectural oversight, direction and implementation guidance.
The Network Architect is responsible for effecting and maintaining network standards, and reference architecture blueprints for the enterprise and retail network. Approves proposed project plans and network designs to ensure projects are aligned with standards and IT strategy. Leads the creation and continued technology lifecycle management of network policies, standards, processes, and procedures.
1. Plans and directs Telecommunications & Network Transformation initiatives with technical leadership oversight of architectural, engineering, and operational teams ensuring departmental objectives are met. Has overall responsibility for short- and long-term planning; budgeting and expense control; and implementation of operational policies, programs, and systems for a major functional/technical area.
2. Leads and guides a team of network engines and technical specialists with overall responsibility for bootstrapping, publishing, communicating and maintaining a technology life cycle program for network standards & architecture commensurate with business requirements, technology policies and standards and compliant with PCI, HIPAA, state and federal regulatory requirements.
3. Evaluates and recommends opportunities in the area of strategic direction; identifies, evaluates and presents new business/technical opportunities to senior management for project approval.
4. Works closely with department management personnel by identification, evaluation, recommendation, and selection of software and hardware solutions for new and existing systems.
5. Advises management regarding the technical direction of application and infrastructure projects and closely reviews and ensures compliance with that direction.
6. Works closely with business partners and other information systems directors in developing short and long range plans, and reviews these plans with the other corporate management as necessary.
7. Supports, as required, capacity planning and disaster recovery to ensure sufficient resources to meet business requirements.
8. Using prescribed methodology, ensures effective project plans are created and executed for all projects.
Qualifications:KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Associates/Bachelor's degree in computer science, specialized computer systems training, or equivalent. Master’s degree is desired.
2. Minimum of fifteen years overall IT experience and ten years voice and data network experience.
3. Hands on working architectural, engineering design and operational experience with multi-vendor data network, HP, Nortel, 3COM, Motorola, F5, Riverbed, Avaya ACM/AVP, Cisco PIX, FWSM, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Check Point, and IBM Proventia.
4. In-depth knowledge and hands on working experience of Layer 2 – STP, RSTP, PVST/PVST+, MSTP, and Layer 3/IP routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP in a complex enterprise network.
5. Working familiarity with and/or TOGAF/ITIL certification preferred.
6. Minimum of six years experience in preparing capital budgets, planning procedures, and capacity planning.
7. In depth knowledge of, and can apply, industry best practices for all applications or technical areas managed. Significant experience with and knowledge of regulatory business requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) & PCI compliance.
8. Knowledgeable and experienced with current technologies such as cloud, thin-client, virtualization, i-scsi storage, global load balancing, MPLS/VPLS, VoIP – H.323/SIP/VXML, network IVRs, next generation firewalling, secure VPN, mobility – wireless, cellular 3G/4G, and high end video conferencing.
9. Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
10. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Sears - 17 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...