Our Architecture & Interior Design group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and award-winning buildings and interiors. We’re passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, interior designers, planners, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, and planning for a wide variety of sectors.
The Architect/ Coordinator is responsible for the quality of their work in assisting the Project Architect and/ or Project Manager in the design and documentation of our projects. All tasks listed below are the responsibility of the Project Architect ultimately and supported by Staff Architects/Coordinators depending on the particular assignment. This position will perform a number of duties in support of the project team to help execute the design concept, from initial conception to construction. This shall be done in a manner consistent with firm-wide standards for project delivery.
Tasks in Assistance to Architectural Staff:
- Assist on marketing or project presentations, depending on software knowledge and proficiency
- Build study models
- Understand and support of Design Intent
- Planning of and organization of Contract Documents Sets
- Set-up of Revit Model file(s)
- Assist in Code Reviews and Research
- Assist, Prepare, or Modify Contract Documents including plans, specifications and details
- Support the Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Review Process
- Assist with Contract Administration including attending Construction Meetings, Submittal Reviews, Change Order Administration, Maintaining Logs, and Project Closeout
- Miscellaneous Administrative Tasks
- Ensure all communications are professional, accurate and adhere to Stantec standards
- Professional 4 or 5 year Degree in Architecture
- 0 - 3 Years experience in similar firm setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer proficiency preferred in scheduling, word processing, spreadsheet software and Revit (test administered). Photoshop and Creative suite proficiency preferred but not required
Stantec - 15 months ago
Stantec knows you don't become one of the top global design firms by standing around. Through more than 150 locations in North...