Our Architecture & Interior Design group is renowned for creating high-performance, fiscally responsible and award-winning buildings and interiors. We’re passionate about the design quality of the built environment and create designs that are timeless, intelligent, and sustainable. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. In our multidisciplinary, team-based environment, collaboration is key among a talented group of architects, project managers, interior designers, planners, and technologists, who work together to create innovative and integrated solutions for a wide range of clients. Our services include architecture, interior design, and planning for a wide variety of sectors.
Stantec's Sacramento Office is looking for an Architect , a registered professional with at least 10 years Architectural experience.
- Works independently or with very little supervision from team leaders and can serve as a leader on some or all project phases: conceptual design, programming, space planning, DD, SD, and CD’s.
- Can use, and redline Revit/CAD/BIM on production drawings and details that meet the design criteria. - Can write/edit specifications. High level understanding of the Firm’s standards, local codes, health and safety requirements, and works well within integrated design team members.
- Can serve as a contact to clients.
- Can coordinate work with contractors, inspectors and consultants. Can perform CA function at proficient level.
- Can develop and manage schedule, budget and scope of services on project.
- Can manage and teach project workplan.
- Understands how to give project assignments and can articulate how they contribute to overall project success
- Expert with codes, agency and standards research.
- Task and Time management expert.
- Can direct and teach other team members.
- Can run a meeting with integrated team members and outside team members.
- Can meet and market clients.
- Understands QA processes and how to make needed corrections and/or revisions on production materials.
- Utilizes firm procedures and drawing standards.
- Full understanding of client types and needs of clients.
- Serves as a resource for technical staff to solve technical problems.
- Oversees and provides coaching and training for interns and other staff.
- Keeps abreast of technological developments such as new codes, new design concepts, computer applications, drafting methods, etc.
- Has knowledge and understanding of firm, federal, agency and other required standards and requirements, and can teach others.
- Capable of quickly coming up with design alternatives on design assignments.
- Understanding of conceptual design and parti concepts
- Can articulate design concepts.
- Can use firm’s software and equipment (Cad/BIM plotters etc.)
- Can coordinate any and all teaming partners: internal integrated design partners, contractors, consultants.
- Can assemble a complete set of drawings and specifications to meet the design intent.
- Can serve as information manager on project.
- Can take drawings through agency review and make needed changes, working with clients and consultants for timely resolution of any issues.
- Excellent relationships with clients, contractors, agencies and consultants.
- Can perform in all aspects of the CA phase to build the design concept.
- Full understanding of project documentation.
- Skilled at communication/ Presentation skills of design and techincal concepts.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Abilty to work independently and manage in a team environment.
- Graduate of an accredited architectural school with professional experience in an architecture office.
- Licensure preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in architecture
- Experience in engineering concepts.
- Revit experience required.
- Experience with MS Office required.
- Knowledge of current trends and experience with large projects.
- Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills
- Experience in Healthcare, Corrections, Mix-use multi-family housing, or Assisted living project types.