Performs responsible work in the production of contract documents and architectural design work for building construction or landscape projects.
• To provide professional architectural expertise, knowledge, and capability in support of the Physical Plant mission and assigned functions
• Develops scope, design, cost estimates and provide construction inspection for all assigned new construction, renovation and repair projects with primary emphasis on architectural responsibilities
• Includes review of projects designed by local engineering firms and inspection of in-house and contractor construction
• Apply ADA & IAS criteria Codes
• Architectural drawings
• Project management for design and construction
• Abides by safety policies and procedures; applicable governmental codes and regulations; and TTU /Ops and current public policies. Supports the SERVICEplus philosophy of Texas Tech University on work attitudes and actions
• Registered Architect in the State of Texas or have the qualifications to become registered
• Security Sensitive Level II position: Security background check and post-offer drug testing required
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required; three years professional work experience related to the specific assigned area.
This is a Security Sensitive Level II Position: Applications for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted. Applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing after a conditional offer of employment has been extended but before employment can be confirmed. The offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate passing the drug test. Employees in Level II positions are subject to a post-accident drug testing.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
Requires sitting, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, crawling, twisting upper body, visual acuity, hearing, climbing hand over hand.
Hourly Pay Range
17.79 - 30.77
Monthly Pay Range
3083.33 - 5333.33
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 10 months ago