WebMD’s Health Services business, enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer
WebMD Health Services is looking for an experienced lead software
developer to help create our next generation of web-based health management applications. As a Product Development lead, you will guide the overall technical direction of a cross-functional team that includes other developers, testers, UI designers, and the product owner to successfully deliver market leading solutions to our private portal clients. An ideal candidate has prior experience working cross-functionally using Scrum or Agile methodology.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
Collaborate with other team leaders to provide
technical direction across the Technology group.
Drive architectural decision making within a
Lead and facilitate elaboration of product
requirements and define acceptance criteria with team.
Lead and facilitate daily stand-ups, estimation,
planning, retrospectives, and stand-ups.
Implement test fixtures, acceptance tests, and
unit tests to drive development.
Implement software making appropriate use of
software design patterns and best practices.
Demonstrate shippable quality code to achieve
Review the implementation of other software
developers and testers to ensure results
Provide mentoring to other software developers
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or
equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years’ software development experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in a lead or architect
- Strong experience and excellent knowledge of Windows,
- Strong experience developing large-scale
- String experience working on a Scrum or Agile
Skills & Certification:
- Strong and proven leadership skills.
- Ability to mentor.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Proficient in data structures, algorithms,
design-patterns and object-oriented design.
- Strong familiarity with industry-standard
software design patterns.
- Extensive experience with TDD and ATDD.
- Independent time management skills.
WebMD - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
House calls are a browser click away thanks to this online doctor. WebMD Health Corp. is a leading Web publisher of health information for...