The Seattle, WA office of WJE is seeking an Architectural CAD Technician for a full-time position to prepare CAD drawings for the repair and rehabilitation of structural, facade, roofing, and waterproofing systems. The ideal candidate will have CAD expertise necessary to prepare preliminary and final structural and architectural drawings derived from rough layouts, verbal instructions, field notes, and sketches. In addition to preparing construction drawings, the technician will also be responsible for maintaining our local CAD detail library. The Technician will also have practical “hands-on” experience in a building or construction trade. In this role they will have the opportunity to assist with field investigations and documentation, perform testing and investigation for clients, ensure testing equipment is functioning properly, organize and maintain equipment.
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is a nationally renowned firm of materials scientists, engineers, and architects dedicated to providing practical, innovative, and technically sound solutions to problems in existing structures.
- Must demonstrate proficiency using Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture 2010.
- Experience using AutoCAD Architecture’s Sheet Set Manager to organize CAD projects preferred.
- Must have current knowledge of industry design and drafting standards.
- An Associate degree in Construction Technology, Drafting Technology or Computer-Aided Design and Drafting. Certification with equivalent experience will be considered.
- Must be detail oriented with effective written and verbal skills and be willing to travel and work at project sites.
- Knowledgeable/Skilled with Adobe Acrobat or Blue Beam, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Ability to use or desire/willingness to learn Revit, 3D Studio Max, and Google SketchUp.
- Physically able to climb ladders, work on swing stages and scaffolding, work at heights, and lift materials and equipment.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- General report writing skills and/or the desire and ability to become proficient in report writing.
Extraordinary People / Projects / Possibilities
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer