David Evans and Associates is currently looking for an Architectural Drafter (CAD 2) to join our onsite project team located in Vancouver, WA. The CAD 2 will report to the Supervisor of Facilities Engineering (TESF) and will work interactively with other staff within the Facilities Engineering (TESF) organization. This position is located on-site in the Construction Services Building at the Ross Complex in Vancouver, Washington.
Position Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Use of Microstation CAD software and equipment to prepare project designs, sketches, final working drawings and contract documents for building contractors.
- Assist with reviews of contractual Architect/Engineer working drawings at various stages of completion for adherence and compliance with design scope, conceptual design sketches, and established policies.
- Working with others in preparing drawings and specification documents.
- May assist in research, plan, design, and administer building projects for clients, applying knowledge of design construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials.
- May assist in the preparation of statements of works - SOW.
- May conduct periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
- May review, distribute and file submittals, shop drawings, material data and samples.
- In preparation of the final working drawings, may assist the project manager’s efforts in coordinating the structural, mechanical, electrical and civil disciplines throughout the design process.
- Final designs are illustrated by conceptual drawings sketches and working drawings based upon:
- Equipment Layouts
- Building Functions
- Construction Materials
- Structural Determinations
- Mechanical and Electrical Considerations
- Geographical and Climatic Conditions
- Historical Requirements
- Energy Efficient Design Considerations
- Attendance at weekly or bi-weekly status meetings that may be held to provide specific assignments, review the status of projects, provide feedback and course corrections as needed, and adjust task priorities.
- Status reports will be provided upon request. Status reports may need to include a brief summary of activity and project progress.
- Reports on specific topics or projects may also be requested
- Associates Degree, CAD & Drafting Technologies, is preferred.
- 4-6 years CAD Drafting experience required.
- 3-8 years of working in an Architectural environment is required.
- Familiarity with MicroStation CAD software
- Experience with Document management software
- Experience with graphics or photo imaging software
- MS Office Suite 2010 proficiency required, to include Word, Outlook and Excel
- Up to 5 days of overnight travel per month is anticipated (PPE Required – see below)
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings is desired.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, prints, drawings and models is highly desirable.
- Sustainability - Knowledge of green building practices, i.e. LEED is highly desirable.
- Valid State Drivers License
- Ability to become familiar with and follow the safety practices of the BPA
Personal Protection Equipment – Required for all travel to Field Locations :
- ASTM F2413-05, Class 75 EH rated footwear with over the ankle lace up and rigid sole and heel
Qualified candidates please apply directly to our website at www.deainc.com or send a resume to Shannon Dubois at firstname.lastname@example.org
David Evans & Associates - 12 months ago