Drafts detailed construction drawings and specifications used in planning and construction of civil engineering projects including custom designs by performing the following duties.
- Creates and develops various forms of Architectural building plans from written contracts and information with the use of the AutoCAD system.
- Develops plans consisting of building specifications and layouts, sections, details, truss drawings and specialty items required for specific building code related issues.
- The degree of difficulty on the projects and advancement opportunities will increase as the individual’s knowledge of drawing / assembling components and experience develops.
- Interacts & develops relationships with various individuals across the company such as engineers, architects, construction estimators, sales estimators, project managers and sales consultants, treating each employee as a customer.
- Takes on a wide variety of custom designed projects that may include farm machinery storage facilities, suburban garages, horse barns, houses, veterinarian clinics, restaurants, churches, office complexes, manufacturing facilities and much more.
- All Drafters work in a hands-on training environment that includes various training sessions with the aid of various MortonBuildings’ manuals and visual aids.
- Minimum of a 2-year Architectural Drafting Degree and/or comparable experience.
- Previous hands on experience with Auto CAD is required, version 2011 or higher is preferred
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Self starter with a positive, willing to learn attitude.
- Able to work independently, as well as within a team setting.
- Service minded with excellent communication skills.
Morton Buildings, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Company and Drug-Free Workplace
- Competitive hourly wages
- In depth training program
- 401K and E.S.O.P. retirement programs
- Profit Sharing
- Excellent Medical / Dental / Prescription plan
- Life Insurance and optional short / long term disability insurance
- Company incentive trips
- Paid holidays, vacation and personal time
Morton Buildings, Inc. - 17 months ago
Morton Buildings, Inc. operates six manufacturing plants. They are located in Morton, Illinois; Spencer, Iowa; Kenton, Ohio; Winfield,...