A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the maintenance of the interior and exterior architectural and structural elements of buildings and related appurtenances. Executes repairs and installs building interior systems, door hardware, equipment and furnishings. Assists with roof system inspections, roof repair and the coordination of the work of roofing contractors. Responsible for the installation and maintenance of door hardware and locking devices, interior furnishings, cabinetry, finishes,
architectural equipment , and the installation of fixed equipment. Responsible for interior and exterior rough and finished carpentry, and provides seasonal support for site maintenance activities. Provides service call support for the architectural maintenance section, and assists in the coordination of contracted service vendors. Other tasks may be assigned based on contemporary institutional need.
Benefits: Approximately 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, 12 vacation days fronted, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Compensation: Mid-$30,000s- mid-$40,000s.
Priority Screening Date: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by June 26, 2013.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
- Repair of interior and exterior building architectural systems to include walls, ceilings, floor, stairways, fixtures, doors, windows, interior trim. Installation and repair of ceramic tile, vinyl floor tile, and wall base. Maintenance of weather tight buildings by the repair and installation of weather stripping, caulking, drainage appliances, site structure, and window glazing.
- Construction and installation of wall systems, ceiling systems, doors, door hardware, and other permanently installed fixed equipment. Installation of support and instructional equipment: white boards, bulletin boards, screens, pencil sharpeners and bookshelves.
- Inspection and maintenance of building roofing systems to include emergency repair, permanent repair and coordination of roof repair and new installation by roofing contractors.
- Repair and installation of furnishings, building equipment, and instructional equipment of varying types and complexity including athletic and agricultural equipment.
- On call service for repair and minor problems experienced by staff and students though out the campus and remote sites.
- Assists the site maintenance and mechanical maintenance sections with variety of repair and installation tasks on a seasonal basis to include concrete form work, asphalt repair, sign repair, and rough wood construction.
- Must have a valid Wyoming driver's license and be able to meet the colleges insurance carrier requirements.
- Utilize electronic devices for completion of work orders and preventative maintenance.
- Manage and reconcile monthly purchase order card receipts.
- Associate's degree or equivalent education. An additional two years of experience can be substituted for education requirement.
- At least five years of experience as a general and finish carpenter with commercial roofing experience.
- Experience must include general carpentry, maintenance activities, metal working skills;
to include welding are essential .
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County Community College - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard