BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
This job is responsible for the administration of the server environment at Del Mont Foods (DLM). This infrastructure encompasses the server hardware and operating systems environment at DLM that support multiple lines of business activity. Specific job functions include but are not limited to:
• Participate and lead in providing server administration for planning, testing, executing and production environments
• Support, design and build server and application environments.
• Support server platforms and helps define strategies for data acquisition, recovery, migration and archiving.
• Execute server strategic planning developing short and long term goals
• Play a key role in defining and enforcing standards i.e. naming, security, file location etc.
• Maintain awareness of new developments for software and server technologies.
• Explore emerging technologies in the areas of Architecture, Performance Management and reporting capabilities.
• Develop and automate processes to expedite and streamline workloads
• Perform projects and daily duties assigned to the infrastructure staff
• Troubleshoot systems issues through monitoring tools, service desk tickets and other notification tools, with escalation through other team members
• Ensure maximum systems availability
• Maintain functional and security operating system and application patches
• Provide regular reporting and statistics
• Perform server daily maintenance, performance tuning, backups and log review
• Perform other server team related activities as requested
• Participate in regular recovery testing to quantify and improve the disaster recovery processes
• Solve issues with hardware, operating systems, and application layer products by working with computer or service vendors when necessary
• Work collaboratively with the application support, network and database teams on design and performance initiatives and issues
• Maintain an understanding of new technology developments and ensure that they are appropriately applied to technical architecture standards.
• Maintain standards manuals and process related to the server environment
• With the team manager and other team members, develop and maintain service level agreements – SLA’s and key performance indicators (KPI’s)
• Cost reduction opportunities - assist in the application of new technologies and enhancements as appropriate
• Participate in the successful execution of a server/systems recovery plan to ensure the environment can be restored in a timely manner in the event of disaster or failure of any kind
• Protect against legal challenges by ensuring adequate reporting and security
• Enable implementation of business systems that deliver competitive advantage through the development and maintenance of a dynamic technical architecture.
• Responsible for partnering with his/her manager in the establishment of an annual "development plan". Professional development requires the commitment of employees, managers and the resources available from the Company. The manager and employee share joint ownership in the successful execution of the plan objectives.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and work experience
Years of Experience: Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in information systems with responsibilities that develop skills in all of the following:
• Strong diagnostic and problem solving ability
• Communication skills and ability to speak clearly and concisely in “non-IT” language when working with various business units
• Strong VMWare skills and relevant experience in an enterprise environment, utilizing ESX 3.x and 4.x, Cisco Nexus 1000v
• Strong Microsoft SCCM
• Windows server skills, including Windows 2003-2008
• Knowledge and experience of server operating system patching and maintenance
• Knowledge and experience of server physical platforms, including HP blade servers and Cisco UCS
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Knowledge of storage systems (NAS, SAN, SAN Fabric)
• Implementation experience of high availability implementations
• Strong understanding of hardware and infrastructure related to performance, standards and best practices
• Strong understanding of underlying storage and networking platforms as they relate to systems operations
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTE.COM TO BE CONSIDERED.
No sponsorship is available for this position. No agency solicitations. No third party recruiters.
Big Heart Pet Brands - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -