As a Proofpoint Archiving Sales Specialist your primary responsibilities will be focused on the sale of Proofpoint Information Governance solutions to the market place. These solutions specifically include the sale of Proofpoint's industry leading system for Email Archiving and Proofpoint's award winning solutions information governance pertaining to files located on shared network drives and desktops. In addition to a degree from a prominent university, successful candidates will have had a significant sales record in the enterprise software market, specific to enterprise email archiving, enterprise search, enterprise eDiscovery, or enterprise content management. The role of a Proofpoint Archiving Sales Specialist is to meet or exceed revenue targets through building a substantial pipeline in your assigned territory. That pipeline will be built largely through: a) your own targeted prospecting efforts, b) leveraging your counterparts in other field sales positions (in order to cultivate new sales to existing Proofpoint customers in other product areas), c) leveraging our internal business development sales function to build pipeline and d) leveraging our existing marketing efforts to customers in the the key vertical markets we service (e.g. financial services, healthcare or retail).
- Full accountability for successful negotiation of an entire sales process, including initial cold calls, confirming meetings, providing high quality sales presentations and full quota attainment as a result of closing business.
- Demonstrate an ongoing, in-depth knowledge of your target accounts and important reporting structures within those accounts (both existing Proofpoint customers and new customers alike).
- Demonstrate, over time, in depth product knowledge and an understanding of Proofpoint's value proposition for information governance in comparison to other industry players and their advantages.
- Competence in presenting in front of sophisticated audiences.
- Using those presentations as an opportunity to better discover the business problems present with the customer and then molding your presentation to address those specific business needs
- Team player - Proofpoint sales model revolves around co-operative selling with other sales resources at corporate and in the field.
- Proven, proactive, relentless pipeline building and prospecting as an "individual contributor."
- Relevant experience: Proven track records over multiple years of experience in the enterprise software market, specifically in those application areas mentioned above.
- Degree from a prominent university
- Good developer of trusted relationships, both internal to Proofpoint and with customers and prospects
- A solid understanding of the markets we serve, the business problems we address, the competitive players within those markets and our unique ability to fulfill market driven requirements.
- Working knowledge and comfort level with Salesforce.com or a CRM equivalent.
Proofpoint - 9 months ago