Manage the Preclinical Services / Pennsylvania Archives, maintain all current SOP books and historical SOP files, and maintain annual billing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retrieval of materials in an expedient manner.
- Maintain the following archived material:
- Raw data
- Study reports
- Reserve samples
- Tissues, slides and blocks
- Secondary archive material
- Quality Assurance records
- Laboratory records
- Electronic records
- Validation records
- Maintain an index of all archived material.
- Provide orderly storage of the archived materials.
- Monitor and provide conditions of storage, which minimize the deterioration of the archived materials.
- Develop, institute, and promote business and marketing plans to support continuous revenue stream from contract archiving.
- Continuously evaluate the processes, procedures and physical requirements in support of the archive storage and retrieval and recommend any ideas that will result in improvement and/or cost saving measures.
- Evaluate available space to the projected future need and alert management to the need for additional space.
- Ship tissues and raw data to Subcontractors and/or Sponsors.
- Provide and maintain contract storage areas for other Charles River Laboratories sites and for “archive only” clients.
- Generate annual invoices for archival storage.
- Maintain and develop systems for logging, tracking and sorting archived items.
- Assist in maintaining and updating SOPs relating to the archives.
- Arrange for raw data and report conversion to microform and/or scanned storage medium.
- Perform or direct the review of new microform/scanned storage medium for accuracy and completeness.
- Perform or direct the inspection of tissues, slides and blocks.
- Perform or direct the inspection of reserve samples.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Unit in maintaining SOP books by circulating new and filing historical SOPs.
- Assist the Manager of Regulatory Compliance in all interactions with archival clients.
- Participate in the validation of electronic storage and retrieval system(s).
- Provide direct daily supervision and review work of assigned departmental employees to ensure accuracy and to ensure adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices, and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and bio-safety protocols.] Schedule and prioritize workload of group members.
- Assist in the interview and selection of qualified non-exempt personnel. Recommend personnel actions, including hiring, promotions and raises. Partner with Human Resources and departmental management to assist in the handling of disciplinary issues. Draft appropriate personnel action paperwork.
- Identify training and development needs of direct reports. Assist in the development, implementation and delivery of departmental training programs; ensure that direct reports receive departmental orientation and necessary on-the-job training. Oversee maintenance of group training manual and training records.
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide regular coaching and counseling. Assist in preparation and delivery of salary and performance reviews of direct reports.
- Schedule overtime as authorized. Review and approve time cards. Coordinate vacation/time off schedules.
- Recommend short-range operating objectives, organizational structure of direct reports and staffing requirements. Assist in the development of a departmental plan for backup and succession of key technical personnel.
- May assist in development of departmental budget.
- Ensure optimum performance of group function. Recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and communication of departmental systems and SOPs. Assist in the development and communication of job descriptions for subordinate positions.
- Ensure that departmental equipment is maintained in good working condition and that departmental area(s) are maintained in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.), preferably in a life science, or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years in a regulated environment. Ability to perform word processing and spreadsheet programs such as Word, Access and excel required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certifications/Licensure : None
- Other: Must possess strong organizational and time management skills. Must be able to work as a member of a team as well as independently, with minimal supervision. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
Charles River Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Chickens and rats have an important part to play in Charles River Laboratories International's specialty portfolio of medical products....