The primary purpose of this position is to supervise a staff of Resident Assistants assigned to our college residential facilities. In this live-in position, your role will include the selection and training of Resident Assistants, ensuring residents receive necessary services such as counseling, programming complimentary to their academic endeavors as well as participation in the overall planning and management of the Residence Life programs. Further responsibilities include:
TARGETED START DATE IS JULY 1, 2013
- Evaluate and provide feedback to Resident Assistant staff both in an on-going and annual evaluation process.
- Meet with students and serve as a student conduct hearing officer in disciplinary situations; impose appropriate student conduct sanctions and/or personal counseling in response to these situations in consultation with the Student Conduct Coordinator and the Director of Residence Life.
- Respond to emergency calls on a 24-hour basis.
- Participate in a rotation on-call duty roster and be available by phone when on duty.
- Resolve walk-in and phone-in problems of students, parents, and campus community.
- Support student staff in assessing student needs to design, plan and implement programs dealing with a variety of issues including diversity, alcohol and others.
- Manage operational functions of the residence halls, including damage assessment, maintenance requests, reporting and billing, hall openings and closings, room checks, and follow up regarding housekeeper and facilities requests.
- Bachelor's Degree; Master's Degree preferred
- At least 2-3 years experience as a full time residence life staff member
- Background in supervision, crisis intervention and student development desired.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with varying levels of college staff, faculty, students, vendors and service personnel, and the general public.
- Evidence of strong organizational, management and teamwork skills.
- Evidence of strong administrative and computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in working with diverse students and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
Live-in position; on call 24 hours
Annual Salary: $27,000, PLUS the following additional elements:
- Fully furnished apartment including utilities, local phone, cable, internet, and access to free laundry.
- Funding and opportunities for professional development locally, regionally, and nationally.
- An equivalency of $900 annual meal allowance
- Opportunity to have a pet on-campus.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan to further enhance your knowledge and skills, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, and wellness programs including the use of our extensive fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
The College of Saint Rose is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and secure environment for the entire college community and upon request will provide its annual security report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of Safety and Security at 518-454-5187 or on line at http://www.strose.edu/officesandresources/campus_security/safetyreportandcleryact
We will be interviewing at The Western New York Placement Exchange on March 1, 2013.
Applicants: indicate in your cover letter if you will also be attending the conference.
To be considered for this position you must submit your credentials online. Create a College of Saint Rose Employment Account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. Upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
- Cover letter including salary history: SEE NOTE ABOVE
- Contact information for 3 references
Already have a College of Saint Rose Employment Account ? Login to add documents or update your account.