An area director is needed for Huntington, WV, which sits on the Ohio River bordering Ohio and Kentucky. This tri-state area encompasses a number of diverse neighborhoods -- everything from urban housing projects to rural farming communities. Huntington is also home to the Thundering Herd of Marshall University. There is currently one full-time and one part-time staff person, with two high school clubs and two WyldLife clubs. There is also a solid college leadership. A strong committee and healthy funding base undergird the ministry. The area is only 3 years old, but has shown great growth with a solid ministry community.
- The area director will have a supervisory role with the other staff in the area.
- Lead, supervise, coordinate, recruit, train and build a community of volunteer leaders who carry out incarnational ministry to young people throughout the area.
- Responsible for running a club in the main school until he or she grows a volunteer base to which he or she could give it to.
- Responsible for growing the budget and continuing to seek to expand the ministry.
- Possibility of overseeing a second staff person who would focus on Marshall University.
- Must be a leader of adults. The committee is strong and professional and desires an area director who is of the same composition.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous Young Life experience as an area director.
- Passion for sharing Jesus Christ with kids.
- Self-starter who possesses team building, strong organizational and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach to ministry development.
- Proven track record of raising money.
Standard Young Life benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension and 401(k), health club reimbursement and paid vacation. View further details .
How To Apply:
If interested, please only email inquiries to Regional Director, Chris Buda .
Young Life - 22 months ago