The Area Director of Revenue Management is responsible for implementing hotel revenue management objectives across their managed portfolio, which encompass maximizing revenues and profit through rate and inventory management of all market segments at the hotel. Portfolio consists of two properties in the Personal Luxury Collection of Benchmark, ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa and Marenas Beach Resort & Spa. The Area Director will take an active role in each hotel’s pricing and distribution of inventory across various channels of distribution to maximize revenues. The position supports their portfolio in meetings, analyzing trends in group and transient segments, exceeding budged occupancy, ADR and revenue goals and setting group ceilings, target rats in conjunction with the sales and catering team. The Area Director of Revenue Management will be responsible for managing and maintaining group and transient inventory controls including daily review, implementation of rooms and rate inventory controls for portfolio of hotels. |
Successful Candidates Will Posses the Following Core Competencies
Profit Motivation, Financial Success, Customer Service/Relations, Quality Leadership, Teamwork, Communication, Innovation, Decision-Making, Strategic Work Methods
Who You Will Be Working With
This position oversees the reservations and revenue management of two properties within the Benchmark Hospitality portfolio, ONE Bal Harbour Resort & Spa in Bal Harbour, and Marenas Beach Resort & Spa in Sunny Isles Beach.
1. Optimize RevPAR by analyzing/forecasting demand and establishing effective selling strategies, oversell strategies, optimal and seasonal market mix including group, transient and wholesale using Benchmark Hospitality revenue management tools.
2. Conduct ongoing competitor price/product analyses to ensure proper rate positioning/product offering relative to competition
3. Work with Revenue Management team on pricing decisions for transient, group and wholesale segments.
4. Implement pricing strategies for group and transient business segments; analyze competitor-pricing analysis to ensure correct daily and seasonal rate positioning to the competition.
5. Works with Reservations Sales team to ensure ongoing F.I.T. Sales Training; analyze each individual agent’s conversion and coaching call scores and then assists Reservations Sales Agent in improving their performance.
6. Manage Reservations: interview, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend performance reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline, as appropriate
7. Establishes and maintains minimum standards for Transient Room Sales to include: weekly Yield Meetings, PMS rate configuration, sales agent scripting, call conversion goals, coaching call goals, and standardized reporting.
8. Acts as a liaison between electronic distribution channels, including offsite call center, to maximize property exposure and bookings.
9. Provides a monthly analysis to management complete with speculation on future performance of all market segments to include Rate, Occupancy, and REVPAR.
10. Work with DOSM to provide a weekly and monthly analysis of the STAR report to include both group and transient.
11. Manage/update current selling strategies and product information in all available distribution channels/reservation sources (PMS, third-party reservations providers, call centers, websites, GDS, etc.)
12. Facilitate Weekly Revenue Strategy meetings
13. Work with the Corporate Director of Revenue Management in recommending and implementing of Revenue Management programs and new initiatives at the hotel.
14. Work with DOSM and hotel team to establish strategies to increase revenue of both rooms and F&B.
15. Generate and distribute daily, weekly and monthly revenue management reports and present results from all segments including internet channels.
16. Maintain accurate and detailed historical data for all market segments
17. Continually monitor all pertinent travel related websites to ensure competitiveness in positioning, text, availability and price.
18. Maximizing the Hotels' revenues by monitoring transient and group production, ensuring that an optimal guest mix is maintained
19. Compile data, analyze trends, and develop accurate weekly and monthly forecasts.
20. Critically analyzing the impact of the revenue management strategies implemented by the Hotels, including pricing
21. Ensuring that all rate plans are built in accordance with established guidelines
22. Update and maintain all revenue management tools.
23. Ensuring that the Hotels' position in the GDS and other distribution channels is consistent with the Hotels' Selling Strategies, includes conducting rate parity and availability audits
24. Ensure group inventory and cut-off dates are managed according to demand
25. Dealing effectively with people, creating teamwork, taking charge, generating enthusiasm, motivating and using an uplifting and lead-by-example leadership approach
Minimum five years Revenue Management experience in the hospitality field. Experience is required.
Excellent written and oral communication skills with good ability as a trainer.
Work-related Analytical Experience.
Aggressive, outgoing and self-motivating individual with pleasant personality.
Current experience in a senior revenue management position with responsibility for either a large hotel or multiple properties.
Thorough knowledge of the Internet.
Thorough knowledge of the GDS and Extranets
Understanding of revenue management techniques and strategies.
Some travel required.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Vocational/Technical Training with experience.
PTO (Paid Time Off)
Company Hotel Travel Discounts
An Equal Opportunity Employer
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability.uplifting and lead-by-example leadership approach
Benchmark Hospitality International
- 2 years ago - save job