The Area Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for direction and strategy in areas of overall account management, business generation, prospecting for the area sales team in the market. This position leads the team to achieve assigned revenue/room night goals as well as, being responsible for developing and maintaining key accounts in the market. This position will develop and manage all stakeholder relationships, both internal and external and select, manage, and proactively develop the area sales team.
- Promote and increase overall revenues in the group, spa, and golf segments
- Increase outside awareness of all Vail/Beavercreek properties
- Track trends and data to understand the competitive market
- Work with the mountain operations for maximizing resort revenues
- Direct, manage, train and counsel sales, marketing, and administrative staff
- Work with the Revenue Management team and the Director of Catering to maximize revenues in their department
- Prepare, implement, and compile data for monthly reports, annual reports, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts, and other reports
- Direct all advertising, public relations, and promotional activities
- Assist in hiring, training, and evaluating the performance of sales, catering, marketing, and administrative staff
- Hold monthly review meetings with General Managers to review productivity, plans/actions, need dates, etc.
- Hold weekly sales stand up meetings to review pace
- Review analytics weekly and report Return on Investment results to all stakeholders on all group and transient efforts.
- Review and manage divisional expense budgets
- Maintain community outreach relationships to promote Vail/Beavercreek lodging
Have Fun. Serve Others. Do Right. Drive Values. Do Good. Be Safe . These are the values Vail Resorts employees embrace daily. As the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based travel at iconic locations, we operate in three highly integrated and interdependent segments including mountain, lodging and real estate. Vail Resorts employees are good at what they do and we welcome people who bring enthusiasm, pride and commitment to creating an Experience of a Lifetime to our stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales and marketing
- Minimum of eight years hospitality sales experience
- Minimum of five years supervisory experience
- MS Word, Excel, Internet, Delphi experience
- Ability to read and respond to complex correspondence. Ability to effectively communicate detailed information to employees and clients
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
Vail Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Vail Resorts - 30+ days ago
Vail Resorts hopes the ski vacation business is all uphill. One of North America's leading ski resort operators, Vail Resorts operates...