Springfield is the third largest city in Missouri and the hub of southwest Missouri. There are seven public high schools, ten public middle schools and four private K-12 schools. Missouri State University, Drury University and Evangel University are all located in Springfield. There is solid Young Life history in Springfield and Clearwater Cove is being built 49 miles south of the city on Table Rock Lake. We are looking for a veteran Young Life staff person who has gifts in rebuilding ministry teams and who is especially gifted in starting and sustaining new ministries. There is further opportunity to develop Capernaum ministry, perhaps in collaboration with Camp Barnabas. A healthy financial base exists.
- Develop and equip teams of leaders who have direct ministry with high school and middle school students.
- Develop and equip a team to establish Young Life College and a Leadership training program for college students.
- Work closely with the Missouri Small Towns (MOST) team in developing teachers as leaders and starting new ministries.
- Help rebuild local committee and adult support teams.
- Work with local committee to ensure that the annual area budget is managed and raised.
- Work with local committee and leaders to develop a strategy to establish Young Life at each high school and middle school in the Springfield area over the next ten years.
- Ministry must flow out of a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Young Life staff experience preferred.
- Must have experience in successfully leading teams to accomplish goals.
- Must have a college degree and four or more years of Young Life (or comparable) experience.
- Must have experience in leading and managing people as well as the ability to utilize an area administrator.
- Must have experience in donor development.
- Ability to articulate clearly and professionally in verbal and written communication with kids and adults.
- Must have experience in and a passion for offering Young Life to the unreached schools and communities in the area.
Young Life has a strong benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K with up to a four percent match and pension (beginning after the first full year of employment).
The Ozarks of southwest Missouri are a wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. Springfield is the center of business, shopping, recreation, health care and education for much of southern Missouri. The surrounding communities offer small- town living with access to all that Springfield has to offer. Rivers, lakes and the Ozark hills make for a beautiful backdrop for those who appreciate outdoor recreation; after all, Bass Pro Shops were born and raised here! The Springfield area is very supportive of Young Life and the many other Christian ministries present in the community. We currently have a great group of committed leaders who are teachable and eager to follow. There is untapped potential for growth in schools, leaders and alumni. There is an undercurrent of excitement to see Springfield explode with growth -- the leaders have a vision of reaching every kid in every school and are ready to do what it takes to get there.
How To Apply:
Please complete the online employment application via the link below. Contact Tom Pruden , (636) 346-2427, with questions.
Young Life - 10 months ago