Area Facilities Operations Specialist |
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a national company with major offices in the Washington DC area, Atlanta, San Antonio and Honolulu. Client focus ranges from Federal, State, and local Government entities to private sector clients nationally and internationally. J.M. Waller Associates, Inc. offers environmental, engineering, construction and facility management services.
· Perform Quality Assurance function and inspect a phase or an entire project including: facility repairs, utility work, grounds improvements, roadwork, building renovation, Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, interior / exterior, etc. This includes the inspection of the materials, installation, and testing of complex and sophisticated utility systems, or equipment.
· Review and write inspection reports for accuracy, completeness and adequacy; interpret plans and specifications relating to construction problems; and exercise judgment and initiative in making decisions regarding addressing issues. Coordinate all construction issues with contracting agency and the general contractor.
· Verify completeness of work and advise government engineer that all construction work has been completed properly and all deliverables, such as as-built drawings and warranty data, have been received from general contractor.
· Prepare plans, scopes of work, specifications, and estimates for roads, parking lots, grounds improvements, building repairs, renovations of facilities, new construction, and utility work.
· Apply established engineering practices in designing the project components. Review standards and precedent designs and make necessary selections and adaptations to meet specified requirements. Apply prescribed design criteria, standards, USAR policies and precedents.
· Review scopes of work for the designs and specifications for various projects involving architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, all related site work, life safety issues, and security issues, for new and general building renovations or alterations.
· Perform technical review of various documents including prepared contracts, proposals, warrantees, and shop drawings for completeness and accuracy. Recommend design changes needed to overcome indicated deficiencies or secure improvements.
· Make field investigations to collect data needed for gathering requirements, development of scope of work or design, determination of nature and condition of existing facilities, and determination what should be done to provide, improve, or restore to existing conditions. Review comparable designs prepared by engineering firms for conformance to design criteria and instructions, for accuracy and completeness, and for quality of design for practicability, economy, and suitability to functional requirements.
· Develop cost estimates for competitive bidding for a variety of repair and maintenance projects.
· Interpret plans and specifications relating construction problems. Resolve differences between plans, specifications, and engineering.
· Make changes to the plans to improve the final product. Maintain all project files.
· Produce engineering drawings with AutoCAD.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
· Must have vertical construction Quality Assurance experience.
· Experience with facilities building and repair.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) offers a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated professionals within the environmental, engineering, construction, logistics and facility management fields. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government clients, both domestic and international. Please visit our website for additional exciting career opportunities.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB)