JOB PURPOSE: Support store management to minimize loss of company assets and maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees.
- Direct Area LP Staff; insuring adherence to laws, regulations and Stein Mart's policies and procedures.
- Inform and educate Area LP Staff and Store/District Management/Associates about the Company's loss prevention philosophy and policies; partner with Area LP Staff to coordinate and implement Loss Prevention Training Sessions.
- Provide coaching, counseling, monitoring and appraising of job results to Area LP staff; provide constructive verbal and written feedback and be open to receiving feedback from others.
- Partner with the Regional LP Director and District Director of Stores to coordinate recruiting, selecting, orienting and training of Area LP Staff;
- Develop and revise itinerary plans to rotate visits of stores in the area
- Review all Core, Corporate and Safety audits to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed; follow up on audit results and recommendations to expedite and monitor necessary changes or improvements; initiate research and investigations as needed based on audit findings.
- Identify effective shrink priorities and coordinate Area LP Staff efforts to achieve shrink goals.
- Initiate and direct investigation efforts to resolve internal/external loss cases following company guidelines; independently perform complex investigations and interviews; schedule and conduct legal and effective interviews;.
- Inform Regional LP Director on status of investigations in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly evaluate information to make informed decisions; decide courses of action in conjunction with others (e.g., Corporate and Area LP Staff, Store Management, SVP Internal Audit, Safety & Security and Regional/District Directors).
- Exhibit a positive and helpful attitude with business partners and provide accurate information about problems and issues to all relevant parties as necessary.
- React quickly to emergency situations, identify points of danger (e.g. fire, crime risk and workplace hazards) and clarify questions on procedure.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of systems to include computer programs/reports, store registers and electronic surveillance equipment; troubleshoot and install CCTV systems.
- Provide necessary Loss Prevention reporting, documentation and evidence relating to loss control matters and review the written reports of Area LP Staff.
- Build rapport with local authorities by establishing personal contacts with the Police Department, Fire Department, EMS, disaster coordinators and prosecutors; cooperate to resolve situations regarding apprehensions, investigations, prosecutions and emergencies; testify at legal proceedings as required.
- Associates degree in Business, Criminology or other related field preferred, plus 3 to 5 years applicable work experience, to include a minimum of 2 years managerial experience. An appropriate combination of education and experience may substitute for a portion of the 3 to 5 years of work experience.
- Experience using the Wicklander-Zulawski Interviewing and Interrogation techniques preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Results oriented; willingness to follow through, make informed decisions that comply with policies and procedures, complete tasks and problem-solve.
- Exhibited attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven capability to handle stressful situations with emotional control.
Physical Requirements: Moderate physical effort required. Standing and walking will constitute 50% of a work shift. Stooping, kneeling and climbing on an as needed basis.
Travel: 75 % travel within a defined area; overnight travel as required.
SteinMart - 18 months ago
Stein Mart's style is to operate department-like stores that feature discount prices. With some 260 shops in some 30 states, it sells...