Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the timely execution of long term and day-to-day business results focused on key manufacturing performance measures of reliability, safety, quality, and productivity, specific to a Production Area. This position is also responsible for planning and implementing Area activities to assure optimum productivity, efficiency, and material utilization are obtained while conforming to all product quality specifications, standards, and policies. This position is responsible for providing effective leadership that will encourage all personnel to perform to the best of their ability and to develop to their fullest potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Meet or exceed business results in reliability, safety, quality, and productivity.
- Set and reinforce expectations and standards within the Area.
- Lead strategic planning, goal setting, and problem solving efforts to achieve Area business results; ensuring teams participate in goal setting.
- Develop a mastery of core production processes by knowing and understanding key input specifications, material changes, process controls, technician interfaces and key output specifications.
- Develop and document Area systems and renewal processes for continuous improvement.
- Work with and understand plant initiatives, utilizing cross-functional teams to improve the impact of decisions on business results.
- Shape the Area culture to embrace change and team processes as positive methods to improve performance.
- Support team management in the administration of plant and corporate policies and the collective bargaining agreement.
- Lead Area team development and boundary management as teams increase skill level and become more self sufficient through Technician growth within a Skill Based Pay system.
- Lead Area team members to develop their skills, increase performance, and improve overall results in meeting customer, business, and individual needs.
- Ensure employee safety through effective safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Ensure the Area is operated in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Take ownership for personal growth and development by soliciting feedback and getting involved in initiatives and projects.
- Communicate with and assist all other organizations and departments within the supply chain.
- Complete special projects, duties and assignments, as appropriate.
This position provides direct and indirect supervision, and is responsible for overseeing Area management.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others, demonstrating a dedication for results.
- Ability to analyze information and to exhibit excellent judgment in making effective and timely decisions.
- Ability to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
- Willingness and ability to operate within virtual project teams and cross-functional improvement groups.
- Ability to “think outside the box” and drive innovative solutions and ideas.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications as they relate to work, specifically Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word and Project) applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, project management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent customer focus, both internal and external.
- Solid business and administrative knowledge, including product cost, budgets, investment proposals, plant/corporate policies and collective bargaining agreement.
- Knowledge of all upstream and downstream processes and their associated impact on the Area and overall performance.
- Minimum of 3 years of Process Engineering or Team Manager experience, or the equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment, required.
- Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment or food products industry, preferred.
- Experience leading continuous improvement processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience driving business results in the areas of safety, quality, service and cost.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people.
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent, required