Big city convenience without the hassle! Just a couple of hours from downtown Chicago is where this innovative manufacturer of aluminum is located. The plant employs over 2,000 bright and enthusiastic talented professionals who thrive on being part of the Company's community initiative. The Quad cities has a beautiful riverfront on the Mississippi River, several vibrant downtowns, renovated loft apartments and condos and many quaint neighborhoods. Easy access to the amenities of Chicago without the day-to-day hassle of living in Chicago.
The Area Manager position will be responsible for the 24/7 operation of four crews. The successful candidate will be accountable for Environmental, Health, and Safety results, productivity improvements, employee development, maximizing the value of diversity, and customer delivery through implementation of principles, including Daily Management, TPM, 5S, etc. He/she will ensure consistent implementation and execution of policies and systems in order to guarantee customer (internal and external) expectations are met at the lowest cost and always with safety at the forefront of every activity. The Area Manager will serve as the top resource of the vertical help chain for his/her area, and as the primary customer/supplier representative for his/her area in the horizontal help chain for his/her respective flow path.
The Area Manager will work with the Lead Area Manager and Manufacturing Manager to ensure the execution of the financial goals and expectations set for each respective year. The Area Manager will be responsible for planning and sometimes leading Kaizen, TPM, and safety events in his/her areas. He/she will be responsible for coaching and counseling Group Leaders, Unit Supervisors, production Engineers, and any other staff personnel in his/her area.
Setting/reviewing annual development and performance objectives for salaried employees
Actively participating in the development of departmental A3/strategic plan
Setting, executing, and reporting 30-60-90 day plans in support of the departmental A3/strategic plan
- Actively participating in the development of the department's annual budget and controlling R&M and other costs
- Ensuring the daily management boards are developed, implemented, and maintained so as to facilitate appropriate focus on the department's objectives, performance, and improvements being made
- Plan and execute TPM activities
- Control production expenses associated with area
The Area Manager will engage resources at his/her disposal to meet area objectives set by him/her, the Lead Area Manager, and executive managers in support of business objectives.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven ability to lead a team to success
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of his/her respective areas
ck here to apply online
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce.