This position is responsible for the operational management of multiple retail locations. Trains, motivates, supports and monitors Store Managers in all aspects of their development and job functions. This position reports to the Director of Retail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that all assigned Store Managers are operating their sites in compliance with the Company’s minimum standards and all other policies and procedures.
- Ensures that each Store Manager, maximizes Store merchandise sales through timely and accurate implementation of marketing and promotional programs as directed by the Marketing Department.
- Responsible for ensuring that all assigned Store Managers are staffing and managing team members who are trained and perform at a level consistent with Company objectives in merchandise sales, gasoline gallons, guest service, asset management, and expense control. Assist and provide direction to Store Managers in the recruitment and selection of team members.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates candidates for Store Manager , Assistant Manager and Team Member positions. Recommends candidates to HR & Retail Operations Manager.
- Stay familiar with Company policies and procedures.
- Knowledgeable in gasoline island equipment procedures and environmental regulations.
- Evaluates Store Mangers’ job performance, recommends salary changes and promotions, monitors the evaluation and disciplinary procedures of team members, and ensures that thorough documentation on all personnel matters is completed and filed according to Company guidelines.
- Monitors compliance to safety and security policies and procedures in all assigned stores. Conducts safety audits, inform Safety Coordinator immediately of all accidents, make recommendations in safety/security policies and procedures, ensure the timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork relating to guest or team member accidents and injuries.
- Conducts safety program and enforces observance of safety regulations.
- Completes all Environmental tasks and programs as required by Company policy.
- Executes and complies with Daily Manager Expectations program.
- Maintain current knowledge of all back office and POS systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of plan-o-grams for all assigned locations.
- Maintain communications with internal and external vendors.
- Regular attendance at assigned worksite.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises Flyers convenience store managers, and indirectly supervises all other convenience store team members. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Flyers policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; scheduling: addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Perform specific tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Ensure that all Team Member comply with Company meal and rest break policies.
- Promote and support company image standards.
- Cross train and act as back up for other positions in the department.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state regulations.
- Stay familiar with the Company Handbook and Company Policies.
- Communicate effectively with team members in other departments to resolve problems and provide information as needed.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each of the above stated essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school: or six months to one year related experience and/or training in the management of retail operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Other education and/or experience may be considered as a substitute.
LANGUAGE and/or COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to read and comprehend instructions as well as procedural manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests and other team members. Ability to communicate with Company personnel using the intercom, voice-mail and e-mail systems.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in order to carry out routine tasks in relation to the essential duties of the position. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Ability to operate a personal computer with a general understanding of file management and Microsoft Office Suite © software.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to examine documents, reports and other data in either hard copy or electronic form.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. While performing the duties of this job, the team member rarely works in high or precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Monster - 15 months ago