The essential function of this position is to oversee and manage all daily activities of the specified area. Ensures all Production orders are completed, according to Customer Specifications, time, food safety and quality requirements. Maintains strict compliance to all Health and Food Safety guidelines, Production Labeling standards and governmental regulations.
- Oversees all activities within the specified area.
- Sets and enforces specific performance expectations of Quality, Cost, Organization, and Commitment to the production supervisory team.
- Monitor status of daily order requirements, and ensure order completion to meet ready time within customer specifications.
- Support Production Manager as needed.
- Enforces proper labeling procedures to meet product specs, costs and organization.
- Maintain a clean and organized area at all times.
- Maintains all departments’ activities to meet Health and Food Safety policies.
- Provides training and guidance to staff on customer specs, labeling process, and health\food safety policies.
- Oversees all quality inspection activities within the area.
- Maintains effective communication and teamwork between departments to get orders out on time and at the lowest cost.
- Motivates, organizes and encourages teamwork within the area and across areas.
- Monitors supply inventory and ensure availability to meet daily production requirements.
- Provides regular production reports daily, weekly and monthly as needed.
- 4- year college degree, Master’s preferred
- Minimum five years’ hands-on experience in a production environment; produce industry a plus
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- A proven track record of managing large groups of employees as an active floor manager
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction, and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts
- Spanish as a second language would be an asset
- Proficient in computer-use skills (MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job
- A high degree of professionalism and personal integrity
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out-of-the-ordinary issues with a sense of urgency.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended workdays on different shifts
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles (FDA, USDA, MIOSHA, OSHA, CFIA)
SUNSET Produce - 4 months ago
Sunset Produce is a family owned partnership between the Robert & Duane Munn families. Today, in its fourth generation, the partners are...