Area Sales Director (DCIM)
Publish Start Date
Mar 7 2013
Supervisor / Manager
Previous Job | Next Job
The Area Sales Director will be a key member of the sales management team by providing leadership, management and operational excellence to drive sales in the western area. Provides leadership for the continued transformation of sales at Avocent from product to solution based. Actively and effectively contributes to the business direction as a member of the Americas sales management team. Drives, manages, analyzes and reports sales activity against goals.
- Directs and coordinates all Avocent Branded and solution sales activities in their designated geographic area
- Achieve established sales revenue plan
- Participates in developing annual sales strategies in support of corporate strategy and objectives
- Assigns sales quotas, monitors performance against quotas and ensure adherence to the Americas forecasting methodologies.
- Ensures adherence to CRM system (Salesforce.com) policy and utilizes the tools and dashboards to continuously improve visibility and predictability
- Ensures adherence of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting requirements. Utilizes a data based approach to prepare reports and presentations in support of senior management goals and initiatives
- Actively collaborates with the marketing function to identify and develop new customers
- Researchs and develops strategies and plans which identify new customer acquisitions and sales opportunities
- Develops and manages sales budgets and oversees the development and management of internal operating budgets
- Leads the effective integration and use of inside sales into the overall strategy
- Manages the productive use of channel partners
- Builds, develops and manages field sales staff to continuously improve the talents and capacity of the sales team
- Travels to major customers and develop/ manage high level relationships with key customers; travels regularly with their sales teams to assess, coach and mentor
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Requirements (experience, skills, education):
- Relevant technology industry experience working for hardware/software manufacturers, experience in both hardware and software sales management is required. Complex solution selling is a must.
- Experience in the sale of both hardware and software solutions and products to enterprise class customers with a verifiable history of success.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 5-10 years experience as an individual contributor and a minimum of 3 years experience as a sales manager.
- Experience with DCIM is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in selling to C-level executives, selling through resellers and 2 tiered distribution, as well as direct to end users; superior closing skills and strong verbal communications
- Verifiable track record of consistent quota attainment
- This position requires someone who is passionate and energetic and ready to lead the team by example
- Proven leadership skills and a track record of team building; ability to recruit and hire top sales talent, ability to inspire others to reach their full potential
- Proven experience in managing from classic sales to consultative solution selling; sales team development and organizational change management
- Disciplined, with a strong process orientation - accustomed to data based analysis and decision making
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related or technical field, MBA preferred
- Extensive travel averaging 60% +
- Position is based in the Western US – Bay areas is preferred
Emerson Network Power - 15 months ago
Liebert keeps its cool in the face of a power meltdown. The company designs, makes and markets surge suppressors, uninterruptable power...