At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
DHL Express, one of the business units of DHL, takes care of global dispatch and delivery of parcel and express shipments. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL in an atmosphere where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives. In fact, Business Week just named DHL "one of the best companies to launch a career.”
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
DHL currently has an opportunity available for an Area Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN markets. The Area Sales Manager will promote and sell DHL services to meet sales targets and generate revenue. He/she will respond to customer needs and requirements with the appropriate DHL service, maintain a high-level of customer service with existing customers and leverages relationships to expand business. The Area Sales Manager will also develop relationships with new clients by prospecting and responding to business development leads and monitor and review customer sales activity and makes adjustments to processes and strategies as needed.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Plans and directs field sales operations through a group of Outside Sales Executives
- Oversee sales revenue generation, profit and/or expense objectives in geographic territory
- Develops sales plans and budgets for achieving sales goals within a defined geographic territory
- Partners with other sales manager(s) to communicate sales problems, geographical business observations, customer feedback, etc.
- Assists field sales representatives in securing critical sales
- Supervises two or more staff; responsible for coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff
- Assigns work, sets completion dates, and reviews work in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions.
- Typically requires BS/BA and 8-10 years experience in related field, including at least 5 years of supervisory or management experience
- Extensive depth of expertise and knowledge in building sales through training, developing and mentoring of sales staff
- Experience with an international customer client base is strongly desired
- Strong negotiation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Computer Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (additional experience with a CRM system is preferred)
- Successful academic and professional track record
- Flexibility for frequent overnight travel
- Transportation and International Logistics Sales industry experience a must
If you do not have a resume readily available, please visit: http://dhl-resumebuilder.com
This program will work on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
DHL Express (USA) is the US arm of express delivery giant DHL, which itself is a subsidiary of Germany's Deutsche Post. The operations...