The Area Service Manager provides technical and operational expertise to create satisfied customers. The Service Manager efficiently deploys equipment, materials and personnel to job sites with a focus towards optimizing costs and maximizing manpower utilization. The Service Manager is responsible for delivering basic preventative maintenance, call out repair and equipment deployment within and around the north central West Virginia region.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates deployment of equipment, materials and personnel to the job site at optimum utilization and minimum cost across one or more service delivery processes within a specified geographical area.
- Compiles and conveys job-specific information to Field Service Technicians, other Service Managers and/or Senior Manager(s).
- Coordinates work with other Service Managers/Coordinators to minimize equipment downtime and most effectively utilize personnel.
- Responsible for administering employee feedback in accordance with Exterran Performance Management Program.
- Implements, manages and communicates performance measures for area for responsibility.
- Champions service excellence, health, safety, environmental policies, standards and process improvement.
- Accountable for implementation and execution of annual budget, and Operational Standards and Processes.
- Serves as a contact for customer and provides technical/operation expertise in response to customer inquiries.
- Provides leadership and communication of best practices.
- Participates in weekly management reviews of measures with team, develops and executes action plans for improvement.
- Provides strong communication within Exterran and to customers
Required Skills or Tools:
- Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and PC skills
- Customer service, interpersonal, coaching and leadership skills
- Organizational, planning and scheduling, process management and negotiation skills
- Analytical abilities, mechanical aptitude combined and problem solving skills
- Writing skills with technical subject matter and oral communication skills
- High school diploma or experience equivalent
- Specific industry knowledge and job experience
- Planning & Scheduling experience preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in customer relations
- 5-7 years of required technical experience
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
Our core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define our culture. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. Perhaps you should be the next among us.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law
Exterran Holdings, Inc. is engaged in the full-service natural gas compression business. It provides operations, maintenance, service and...