The Area Supervisor is a member of the Supervisory Staff who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the store as well as the general operations and supervision of the store when functioning as the Supervisor on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the store, supervising Associates, providing Star Customer Service at all times, supervising merchandise processing, markdowns, sizing and the Front End as needed.
Markdowns (20% of Time)
- Reviews MD Team schedule to company standards.
- Pulls markdown information weekly and ensures order of markdowns.
- Audits markdown compliance, recovery and sizing by markdown team.
- Responsible for maintaining company markdown standards in store. Accountable for store any markdown variances.
- Ensures all equipment is operable - communicates issues to the Service Desk as needed.
- Understands how markdown equipment works and is able to assist MD Team as needed.
- Ensures Clearance items are marked and moved to Clearance areas and signed as needed.
Merchandise Processing (20% of Time)
- Ensures compliance to Power Processing.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e., signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all stockrooms.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- Responsible for ensuring any back stock is secured and processed to company policy.
- Responsible for daily trash removal.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck.
- Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled.
Fitting Room (20% of Time
- Ensures all fitting room garment tags are audited and accounted for to company policy.
- Ensures go back compliance throughout the day. All merchandise returned to the sales floor must be ticketed, scanned, nubbed and security tagged as needed.
- Responsible for maintenance and cleanliness of Fitting Room.
Men's/Bed & Bath/Home Accents/Lingerie/Hosiery/Cosmetics/Accessories/Luggage (20% of Time)
- Responsible for merchandising of department.
- Responsible for back-stock and under-stock.
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Ensures compliance to the monthly ISM set up in assigned area.
- Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional signing as needed.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to company standards.
- Responsible for re-wraps as needed.
Administrative Duties as Assigned by Store Manager (20% of Time)
- Ensures Cash pick-ups and bank deposits are conducted to company policy.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, trash removal, etc.), EAS daily function check, cash office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register area. Also responsible for customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures. Responds to after-hours alarms when requested.
- Responsible for store Loss Prevention including maintaining a large customer service presence on the sales floor, customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Responsible for Front End control when needed. This includes refund approval, Associate purchase approval, securing tills and cash in safe, register Paid Outs/Ins, void approval, register media and break schedules.
- Conducts "code 50" package inspections.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by store manager.
- Customer Service
- Drives Results
- Process Improvement
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
Ross Stores - 19 months ago
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an...