Temporary job during LA County Fair August 30 -September 29, 2013. Requires both current food handlers card and alcohol service certification. Must be available from August 15-October 8, 2013, 40 hours a week. AM (9AM-5PM) and PM (5PM-Midnight) shifts available.
Achieves concessions operational objectives by implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing post event reports; operating and teaching others to operate Point of Sale systems; monitoring system operations; determining improvements; and implementing change. Assists the Concession Manager in the oversight of the activities of the concession stands, and ensures compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Concessions Manager in performance of his/her duties.
- Ensure all employees are in correct uniform and following company policies
- Knowledge of how to maintain and operate stands in all areas of Fairplex, and open or close shows as needed.
- Responsible for writing a post event report after the fair.
- Take ownership of cleanliness of concession operations and enforce daily cleaning
- Serve as an example to team members by embodying Cornucopia policies and values.
- Coordinate readiness of concession stands to open for events
- Maintain positive attitude and convey positive energy to all team members and guests while leaving all personal issues outside the workplace.
- Display excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintain physical appearance at all operations during each event to control labor costs quickly.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace and be capable of facilitating effective communication within the team across all Cornucopia departments, with representatives of Fairplex and with customers and guests.
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage products,current California Food Handlers card and Alcohol Service certificate.
- Must have knowledge of Fairplex complex and Cornucopia operations.
- Ability to manage projects as needed and accomplish goals in a timely basis.
- Must possess business grammar, math, and desktop computing skills that include working knowledge in Excel, Word and Quest.
- Ability to prepare, plan and forecast labor costs and scheduling to meet customer needs and show hours.
- Must be neat and organized.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Analysis and report writing skills
- Must be available to work any of the seven days in the week and any of the 24 hours in a day, depending on event requirements.
- Many work tasks are performed indoors, usually but not always in temperature controlled environments. However, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10 F) and kitchens (+110 F), possibly for one hour or more and to work outside or under tents, moving or directing moves of equipment and food trailers as an event requires.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 2 hours per day. Walking (sometime strenuous) and standing are required for the rest of the working day (6-8 hrs). Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and from task to task.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to both limited spaces (kitchen, warehouse, freezers, etc.) and to reach facilities across Fairplex on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to inspect facilities.
- Must be able to push, pull and lift up to 50##-
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity and training to use and operate/demonstrate all necessary office equipment, such as computers, printers, 10 key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, point of sale systems, etc.
- Must have a valid California Drivers License and insurance, per state law, and a demonstrable safe driving record.
Fairplex (Los Angeles County Fair Association) - 14 months ago