This is more than a job posting for the Kohler Company , one of the oldest and largest privately held companies in North America. This is an invitation to collaborate and apply your craft in a creative, conscious and characterful culture.
As an Area Supervisor , this is your unique opportunity to set your mark and live on the leading edge. This role is responsible for the results of all operations within a specified area of the plant. The Area Supervisor will maintain a safe environment by ensuring all safety regulations and rules are followed. Plan for an assure the availability of the necessary resources required to operate all production operations in area. Monitor all production operations for required throughput levels and maximum effectiveness and initiate corrective actions when standards are not met. Develop and execute programs and actions to maintain a highly trained and motivated supervisory staff and hourly work force. Maintain detailed technical knowledge of area processes, materials, and equipment in order to provide expert guidance in solving problems and implementing improvements. Ensure all production operations meet established quality standards. Identify, implement, and track improvements in safety, quality, delivery, cost, and morale in assigned area. Support and implement continuous improvement and lean manufacturing concepts.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Direct the efforts of shift supervisors and hourly work force to meet daily production requirements.
- Ensure manning in assigned areas is adequate to support production requirements.
- Maintain plant safety and housekeeping standards.
- Ensure supervisors and hourly associates are properly trained to perform all job functions.
- Monitor throughput and effectiveness in assigned area and implement corrective actions to improve these measures.
- Coordinate efforts of area manufacturing engineers to drive safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale improvements.
- Ensure adherence to plant quality standards.
- Identify, implement, and track improvements in safety, quality, delivery, cost, and morale.
- Support and implement continuous improvement and lean manufacturing concepts such as Kaizen, TPM, 6 Sigma, 5S, etc.
- Administer plant policies in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ensure assigned areas have all necessary resources, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Reports to Production Superintendent, Huntsville Plant
- Supervises Shift Supervisors and hourly associates
- Frequent contact with Accounting, Manufacturing, Materials, Engineering and Human Resources Management at plant level.
- Occasional contact with Corporate Engineering to facilitate new product development.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - WHAT YOU NEED TO QUALIFY
- Occasional contact with customers or suppliers to resolve quality issues.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Successful record of supervision in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lead and develop subordinates
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies to plant operations.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
Beyond competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at company website .
Since 1873, our life's work has been to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. Today, over 50 leading edge Kohler brands deliver on that promise to customers in six continents- a testament to the craft of over 30,000 associates and the culture in which they operate.
As Kohler associates we are stewards of our craft, our culture, our environment and our communities. We care about our work and are committed to a single level of quality. We forge our own path. And in turn, experience the joy of discovery and the opportunity to grow.
If you're ready to contribute to our culture and set your mark, apply today at kohler.jobs.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
When profits go down the drain at Kohler, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The company makes bathroom and kitchen products -- from...