As leader of the Technical Services organization the Area Vice President (AVP) shall define the services strategy for the region and ensure this is successfully implemented through a go to market plan co-owned along with other member of the senior management team.
As part of their responsibility the AVP shall develop and lead a world class team of Presales Engineers, Consultants and Engagement Managers, Technical Relationship Managers, and Client Services Managers. Supported by a management team the AVP shall ensure AppSense can deliver technical confidence in the market and promote the success of the AppSense Technical Services and Sales organizations through new business sales along with high levels of AppSense solution deployment and customer satisfaction within the existing customer base.
An essential requirement for this role is commercial and technical guidance within the organization ensuring alignment with the regional sales team and AppSense strategy.
The AVP Technical Services shall take a prominent role in evangelizing AppSense’s vision and message and personify AppSense’s values.
- Leadership - The candidate needs to show leadership at both a
regional and global level. Ensuring the Technical Services organization has strong representation within the business and informs part of the go to market
- People Management – The AVP of Technical Services must be able to hire,
motivate, develop, and retain quality staff which are capable of continuing and
enhancing AppSense’s success in the User Virtualization marketplace. Manage
resources to focus them where they create the most enterprise value. Build a
team of domain experts which customers consider to be trusted advisors.
- Customer For Life – Embrace AppSense’s Customer For Life strategy, playing a lead role in defining initiatives to support it, along with ensuring ownership throughout all levels of the team.
- Financial Ownership – Own the Technical Services P&L supported by a
business plan to accurately forecast against and achieve the regional new
business bookings targets, services revenue targets and margin targets,
delivering quarter-on-quarter growth to support the rapid growth AppSense is
able to achieve.
- Services Excellence – Develop the services organization using experience and
industry best practices to achieve commercial and technical excellence ensuring
customers maximize the value of AppSense’s solutions. Define best-in-class service offerings which drive customer success and AppSense revenue. Support customer and partner meetings and be the customer facing escalation point when needed.
- Partner Management – Support AppSense partners and system
integrators with a plan to increase sales and deployment success of AppSense
- Cross-Functional Team Work - Partner with peers in Account Management, Marketing, Product Management, Support and Development developing strong communication and collaboration across the business as part of the management team. Create strong feedback mechanisms between these and alignment with the Technical Services organization.
- Process Development and Management - Develop processes and assets which improve the scalability of the business. Resolve any issues raised by the team or internal stakeholders. Continually improve the customer deployment process to acceleratetheir adoption of the AppSense platform. Produce regular operational/forecast reports for management.
- Culture – Champion the AppSense Way within the Technical Services organization to create a high performing business with an appreciation
of AppSense’s core values as part of the day to day business.
Experience - Knowledge Required & Qualifications:
- Exemplary leader proven ability to motivate and lead large teams.
- Experienced in owning a P&L for a rapidly growing business.
- Built and led Technical Services organizations, including Presales and Consulting, with extensive experience as part of a software vendor.
- Experience in creating or developing business processes, strategies and technical solution selling practices.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters change, creativity, and