Qualifications Needed for the Position:
This staff member must be capable of performing a wide variety of maintenance and janitorial skills. He/She must have a Massachusetts driver’s license for a minimum of two years. He/She will have significant contact with the public and must be capable of representing the policies and goals of Facility Management Corporation to the rink patrons. He/She must enjoy working with the public. He/She must possess an attention to detail and a desire to always improve and excel in his/her vocation. He/She must have a strong work ethic and leadership ability within a team structure. He/She must possess sufficient maturity, integrity, discretion, and initiative to handle, without supervision, any situation that may occur within the facility.
· Perform cleaning/janitorial duties as required by Facility Management Corporation policies.
· Perform ice resurfacing and air quality sampling.
· Monitor and record refrigeration system readings, emergency generator operation, air quality log and equipment logs.
· Maintain the arena ice schedule on time.
· Respond to injuries or incidents as they occur.
· Inform arena management of any incidents, injuries or causes for concern during his/her shift.
· Police grounds, arena, locker rooms, showers, lobby and parking lot.
· Ensure proper equipment is worn by participants on the ice at all times.
· Properly secure building at time of closing.
· Carry out all maintenance orders/projects assigned by arena management.
· Assign team rooms and inspect condition of same after use by each group.
· Maintain proper control of heat and lighting.
· Perform duties as necessary or assigned by arena management to ensure patron satisfaction.
FMC Ice Sports - 19 months ago