Armed Security Guard Supervisor
Linxx Global Solutions, a fast growing Government contracting company, with corporate offices located in Virginia Beach, VA, is currently looking for an experienced security guard supervisor to fill positions in Norfolk, VA. In this position, you will encompass the professional operation, administration, profitability, and quality assurance of uniformed services at our client’s site.
- Oversee the staffing, scheduling, and on-site training for security officers assigned to his/her shift.
- Ensure quality of service and contract compliance by regularly inspecting security personnel and their job performance when assigned to his/her shift.
- Perform other operations and related functions (e.g., payroll, review and maintain incident reports, assist in preparation of security surveys and post orders).
- Make recommendations for positive and negative personnel actions for those under his/her direct supervision.
- Respond to client requests.
- Responsible for providing armed security, safeguarding facilities, conducting patrols and escorting visitors as necessary.
- Ensure each employee is familiar with their post, duties and responsibilities to effectively perform their responsibilities.
- Provide effective supervision of employees and be available to receive and implement orders.
- Conduct and participate in periodic performance tests and exercises, such as command post, “table top” and deployment exercises of scenarios which include security, operational and emergency scenarios, drills and exercises.
- Update, distribute, and maintain General “Guard” Orders, Post Orders, and emergency and special orders to each security post and position.
- VA DCJS Security Officer Course Subjects (01E)
- VA DCJS Armed Security Officer Arrest Authority (05E)
- VA DCJS Handgun (07E)
- U.S. citizen
- Supervisory/Management experience
- Capable of passing a physical fitness test, health exam, background investigation and periodic drug test
- Willing to work various shifts, including nights and holidays
- Must have professional appearance
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be proficient in English
- Must be 21 years or older
- Must have user-level computer skills
- Must be able to pass background investigation
- Prefer 3-5 years of Security Officer Supervisory Experience
- Must be able to run, jump, climb, or crawl, followed by physical contact in attempt to overpower a violator
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
Linxx’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Linxx is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For more information about Linxx Global Solutions, please visit our website: www.linxxglobal.com .
If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Linxx recruiter at 757-222-0300.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Linxx Security - 5 months ago