Directly assist Design Director and Deputy Art Director with design and administrative duties such as budgets, shoot lists, expense reports, design of print and iPad stories, and other tasks as needed. Responsible for acting as a liaison between Directors, their department, edit, style, photo, and other MSO departments.
• Design front of book stories for print and tablet editions of Martha Stewart Living
• Work with craft and style editors to create and illustrate original clip-art and templates for the magazine and website
• Maintain the walls for the current and past issues of the magazine
• Create and manage pdf fetches of images shot for the magazine
• Help produce shoots for art directors and be involved in story development
• Create image requests (working with the imaging department and other departments to keep stories moving)
• Work with HR to coordinate freelance hiring and payment
• Prepare award submissions
• Order supplies
• Assemble mood boards for upcoming stories
• Maintain the Design Director’s calendar
• Code expense reports and invoices for art directors
• Organize department events, celebrations, etc.
• Schedule and organize art department meetings and help manage departmental deadlines
• Assist art directors on special projects as needed
• Help coordinate and produce photo shoots, including budgeting, organizing, researching, scouting locations, creating itineraries, making travel arrangements, and completing expense reports.
• Manage tracking and scheduling between the editorial art department, other MSO departments, (including Books, Edit, Photo, Style) and the Directors.
• Schedule and organize large meetings for Directors, and as needed.
• Schedule and organize Art Department meetings.
• Work with the Executive Assistant to the Creative Director on art department projects as needed.
• Background and training in publication design is required
• Formal graphic design degree or certificate program
• Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word and Excel with excellent typography skills
• Interest in food, craft, decorating, gardening and collecting is a huge plus
• Well organized and excellent time management skills