The Art Director develops and executes the overarching creative vision and strategy for the brand while collaborating with key cross-functional partners.
This position is part of Bath & Body Works Creative Marketing Department, reporting into the Associate Director of Creative Marketing.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize, develop, implement and maintain the brand identity through all marketing communication to customers.
- Develop the artistic translation of the brand strategy.
- Build a strategic and calendarized vision for the team and communicate to key cross-functional partners.
- Manage the creative concept development process for in-store floor set marketing, customer marketing collateral, social media, public relations and events.
- Create concept boards to present to cross-functional partners to gain alignment on creative marketing vision.
- Influence and work directly with merchants to gain a full understanding of their businesses and strategies and apply creative marketing to bring the products to life.
- Build cohesive and thorough concept presentations for floor set and customer marketing.
- Provide art direction on photo shoots, including the creation of mood boards, shot lists, and post photo shoot retouching of images.
- Meet in-store marketing budget targets, including 2D and 3D marketing as well as the customer marketing components.
- Ensure creative alignment across graphic design, copy and visual merchandising.
- Manage a team of graphic designers.
- Develop talent by inspiring, coaching, and mentoring to continuously evaluate talent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Marketing or equivalent experience
- Five or more years as an Art Director or Senior Graphic Designer in retail, fashion or cosmetics industry
- Experience in creating brand/product vision and strategies
- Experience in art direction in both graphic design and photo shoots
- Strong ability to provide creative leadership; set and maintain high creative standards; and, bring innovation to the business
- Ability to inspire, develop, and lead a staff of graphic designers
- Ability to influence business partners to align on creative vision
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines, budgets and risk mitigation
- Ability to communicate creative vision to others
- Demonstrate change agility flexible to business needs
Bath and Body Works, a member of the Limited Brands family, has reinvented the personal care industry with the introduction of fragrant flavorful indulgences, including shower gels, lotions, candles and accessories. With a focus on creating and offering the best products and an emphasis on innovation from nature, Bath and Body Works is the ultimate personal care destination.
PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED.
For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the introduction...