At Blast Radius, we are inspired by a vision of strategy, technology and design working in harmony to create innovative, profitable experiences. We've won awards for our work, for the way we manage our company and for the way we treat our employees, but our greatest reward is the growing list of global brands who turn to us time and time again for results they can count on.
Working closely with the Creative Director and entire user-experience team, Art Directors are the champions for the look and feel on projects. The primary role of the digital Art Director is to communicate high-level concepts to the design team, ensuring adherence to these ideas throughout the design process.
- Create the conceptual framework for client projects and translate it to flow, layout, motion design, transitions, color and type-based selection.
- Mentor to the user-experience team, ensure creative concepts are consistently carried through all aspects of the project and the end product meets production and client requirements.
- Ability and desire to lead and direct other designers.
- Create and design the concepts for style guides.
- Pitch creative concepts to internal teams and clients and clearly communicate concepts from a historical, design, business, and competitive standpoint.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and understands the client's needs.
- Assist in articulation of design problems and solutions.
- Participates and facilitates brainstorming sessions.
- Effectively communicates vision and production details for successful integration by other designers and developers.
- Related new media or traditional degree or diploma and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years experience, preferably in a Digital Agency
- Demonstrated knowledge of production processes, technologies and design theory.
- Experience with global brands.
- Demonstrated competency designing in HTML and Flash
- Excellent user of relevant design software, particularly flash, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience applying theories related to colour schemes, use of space, text placement, typography, layout, motion design, usability and visual flow.
- Sense of humour essential.
* Interested candidates should include a link to your online portfolio *
- Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making
- Results Orientation