The Boys and Girls Clubs of the Northtowns is hiring a Art Director. Applicants are responsible for small and large groups of youth ages 5-16. Applicants must be available from 2:45-6:00pm Monday through Friday, with additional hours available during school holidays. Perfect job for a college student or recent graduate in the fields of Social Work, Education, Art Education and other educational and developmental fields.
-Applicants MUST be over 18 years old.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited college, a college graduate or maintain a minimum of 2 years relevant childcare work experience.
- Successful applicants must be able to supply employer with an up to date Physical, Tuberculosis Shot Record, S.S Card and Drivers License or Photo I.D within one week of hiring.
- Must be able to clear a fingerprint and police background check.
- Responsibilities include:
- Developing art activities to help children boarden their creative horizons. This includes using materials such as oils, paints, watercolors, pastels and mixed media to help children to become creative and well rounded youth.
- Develop age appropriate activities that will engage the children and encourage them to be more interested in the arts.
- Interacting with youth in a social and educational environment
- Supporting program staff with activities such as arts and crafts, active clubs such as dance, gymnastics, ceramics, etc.
- Provide Director with a weekly lesson plan of lessons and supplies needed for implementation.
We are looking for serious applicants only. Please review the listing carefully before sending your resume for consideration; we are looking for yearlong employees who are excited and serious about impacting the life of a child.
To submit your resume or set up an interview please email your resume. Resumes must be received by Friday, January 4th 2013