Dressbarn , a subsidiary of Ascena Retail Group, Inc., (NASDAQ - ASNA), offers casual career and special occasion fashion apparel and accessories at value prices for women ages 35-55, operating approximately 830 stores in 47 states. Ascena Retail Group Inc. is a leading national specialty retailer of apparel for women and tween girls and boys, operating, through a family of wholly-owned subsidiaries, dressbarn , maurices, Justice, Lane Bryant, Cacique and Catherines! Ascena operates through its subsidiaries over 3,800 stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada, with revenues of over $4 billion.
At dressbarn, we believe talented people are our greatest asset. In return for your talent and hard work, we also offer career development, excellent benefits, a competitive compensation package and generous merchandise discounts across our brands.
The Art Director will work with the creative director to strategize and plan seasonal brand design direction. The focus will be (but not limited to) direct mail, visual display and in-store signage that delivers a seasonal point of view and direction. This role also requires exceptional creativity as well as excellent communication skills, as the primary goals are to assist the brand in defining and realizing their visions. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Work with Creative Director to conceptualize clear, concise design ideas for seasonal design direction as it relates to marketing,visuals and web
- Collaborate with merchant partners to understand and concept seasonal merchandise initiatives
- Translate and concept print initiatives into web needs
- Photo Art direction concepting and execution in a clear and concise manner
- Manage creative team for seasonal design direction
- Develop and meet project deadlines while following brand identity standards
- Design/execute clear creative and current design for our customer
- Stay current with competitive analysis and seek inspiration within retail as well as external resources
- Brainstorm taglines and concepts
- Visit stores
- Continued onboarding with cross functional partners to gain a better understanding of the business
- Gain insight about our customer through dressbarn research
- Participate in focus groups and/or research studies
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art, or the equivalent.
- 10+ years experience in the graphic design experience with a focus on print and web, preferably in a retail environment.
- Ideate big picture strategies and concepts for the Marketing department.
- Photo art direction experience.
- Direct team in the absence of the Creative Director and Senior Art Director.
- Ability to accurately translate business requirements into marketing oriented designs.
- Ability to think conceptually and produce design concepts for fashion/promotional campaigns within brand guidelines.
- Ability to collaborate with a team or work autonomously.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, HTML and/or dreamweaer. Flash knowledge a plus.
- Thoroughness and highly detail minded.
- At ease working in a fast paced environment or under pressure of deadlines, self-starter.
- Must provide portfolio upon interview.
Dressbarn, Inc. - 17 months ago
Center for Montessori Education|NY
White Plains, NY
School Administrators Association of New York State
- 13 days ago
Quest Autism Programs, Inc.
- 3 days ago
DIRECTOR OF PATIENT SERVICES
Kendal on Hudson
Sleepy Hollow, NY
Kendal on Hudson
- 16 days ago