We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Art Director (Origin)
Electronic Arts’ Origin group is seeking a multi-talented Art Director that bridges interaction, interface and graphic design to lead the visual design of a digital, cross-platform service. As a senior member of the design team, you will be responsible for owning the visual expression of Origin, as a service, across multiple platforms. You will work closely with Product Management and the Interaction Design Team from conception to final production. You will start from industry best practices and then endeavor to improve and innovate. You must be a hands-on designer with a proven understanding of a wide range of digital interfaces and a portfolio that illustrates the ability to lead a coherent, consistent design vision for websites, mobile applications and interactive experiences.
- In partnership with the Creative Director, help create and drive Origin's visual design direction across multiple platforms: PC, Mobile, Social Media among others.
- Help create and define visual design guidelines, style guides and best practices for the Origin service across all platforms
- Lead, mentor and manage a team of visual designers
- Ensure an efficient resourcing and scheduling process for all visual design projects
- Partner with the Interaction Design team on all projects
- Minimum of 5 years digital design experience at the Art Director level.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in managing designers as direct reports.
- Experience designing mobile applications
- Strong project management, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with mobile games is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a design program is required.
Electronic Arts - 2 years ago
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists,...