HTC's Innovation Team is looking for an art director with 5 or more years’ experience, who can contribute to the HTC user experience through quality visual design. We are looking for outstanding visual design skills and passion for creating innovative mobile user experiences.
What you get to do everyday:
What you bring to the role:
- Utilize conceptual thinking skills in collaboration with UX Designers to create innovative mobile user experiences.
- Collaborate with UX designers to create unique design solutions.
- Help establish visual and motion design direction at project outset, and follow through by coaching creative team members, while monitoring and guiding their efforts towards successful results.
- Communicate design goals to other design team members, lead creative planning & ideation sessions, critique and evolve work of other designers.
- Facilitate brainstorms that generate innovative, unexpected ideas. Work to pull the best ideas out of all participants.
- Create and manage the creation of inspiring mood boards and style frames.
- Translate mood boards into tangible visual design UI elements and design comps.
- Create and manage the creation of visual designs for interactive prototypes that help iterate and evolve design concepts.
- Work with prototype developers to finalize workable Flash demos for usability studies.
- Inspire, excite, and motivate the design team and key stakeholders.
- Validate input from other stakeholders.
- Explore, kick off, and evangelize design initiatives based off UX needs.
- Present and evangelize design concepts to design/engineering/executive teams.
- Deliver and critique production-ready master design templates, and develop comprehensive Visual Design Standards and Guidelines.
- Monitor execution of creative vision and visual/motion design deliverables throughout all phases of production.
- Manage and mentor visual designers, ensuring effective contributions and individual career growth.
- Work with Producers to manage schedules and design resources, while juggling several projects simultaneously.
- Develop and maintain freelance visual and motion design talent pool.
- Contribute to an evolving design culture and process at HTC's UX Design team group and throughout HTC's worldwide design organization.
Free agents with both corporate and consulting backgrounds are highly appreciated.
- 5+ years of working closely with UI designers creating visual design for interactive systems, including significant non-Web design work with 1 or more years of mobile design experience.
- Experience shipping multiple products from concept to creation.
- Experience creating the overall visual design direction for software UX. Knowledge of full end-to-end, user-centered design processes, techniques, and deliverables.
- Experience working with and influencing a multi-disciplinary team of visual designers, UX designers, researchers, planners, engineers, business development, product planning, and sales.
- Experience providing design team leadership (scope and vision).
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong knowledge of formal visual design and composition principles, and a working knowledge of Interaction Design and Information Architecture.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to self-start and self-manage on projects. Proven track record of on-time, high-quality deliverables for projects.
- BA/MA in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or closely-related field.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, Illustrator is required. Working knowledge of Flash is a benefit.
- Motion design experience or 3D skills a huge plus. (After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya).
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent visual design skills.
- Familiarity with latest trends in interactive design and emerging technologies.
- Passion for mobile technology and interface design discipline.
- Willingness to be a team player.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HTC - 17 months ago