Award-winning marketing, advertising and public relations firm specializing in the financial services industry seeks exceptional print and interactive art director who can translate strategy and objectives into compelling visual solutions for a busy agency. Familiarity with financial services, insurance and b-to-b communications a plus.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong design skills including print and web page layouts, information design, application design, typography, photo research and be experienced in the full print production process from conception to launch.
- You will be responsible for participating in program brainstorming, concept development, design comps and photo research.
- Creation of visual designs that address business, brand, market and user requirements, including the design and production of site layouts, marketing elements, content treatment and user interface elements.
- Produce design specifications, storyboards, wire frames to support design and production.
- Successfully communicate visual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of your design solutions.
- Work with Web developers and production to ensure successful delivery of the final work products.
REQUIRED SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- 5+ years experience in an agency or similar team environment leading the design process of interactive and print projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate clients needs and requests.
- Candidate must be able to work in-house.
We’re looking for an organized team player with a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as the ability to grasp and handle multiple projects. Must demonstrate strong design skills including the ability to translate strategic, conceptual ideas into interactive experiences, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work independently and ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines.
TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark)
- Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Basic HTML
- BFA degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or other visual arts program.