Job Summary: Sears is looking for an E-commerce Associate Art Director for our downtown Chicago State Street location. You will be a core team lead responsible for the concept, creation and execution of creative for Sears Holdings Digital Properties. You will work with a team of talented UXAs, web-developers, copywriters, producers and editors to bring a unique voice and perspective to your projects. You will own the execution, style and design as much as the CD and work collaboratively with the CD to leverage every discipline to deliver compelling user experience, marketing, branding and advertising solutions. The ideal candidate is a highly independent self-starter with at least seven years of design experience.
- Lead the effort to translate established creative direction into conceptual ideas and creative solutions that are unique, strategic, and award winning. Your work should “WOW“ the client.
- Collaborate with Product Management in creation of creative briefs and/or product requirements documentation that translates business objectives into project requirements acting as an advocate for the customers needs.
- Plan and direct many aspects of assigned projects, create and present concepts to internal and external stakeholders and coordinate creative activities with the full project team.
- Accountable for managing a team of Creative talent, leading them in the development of creative work that is consistently sound, of excellent caliber, and exceeds the clients expectations.
- Confer with clients to understand the project background, business andmarketing objectives, and presentation and documentation delivery, and success metrics.
- Actively participate in design reviews at every stage in the process and effectively communicate design solutions to all levels of business partners and leadership.
- Adopt and support established design guidelines and standards, insuring creative conforms to standards and specifications of the brand and website. Participate in creating and documenting new standards.
- Build and maintain a rapport with clients, partner agencies, photo studios andextended team. Mentor and lead junior creative staff, and are able and available to critique their work.
- Participate as a creative team member and partner with the creative directors to develop design solutions for new-business development efforts.
Preferred Skills: Self-motivated with positive attitude. Agency experience a plus.
- Bachelors degree in graphic design, industrial design, or related field
- 7+ years experience in web interface and layout design
- 3+ years experience in retail merchandising/marketing, advertising, product development, e-commerce or related field
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Design Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate understanding of HTML/CSS, with direct experience optimizing design concepts around these technologies
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design and design methodologies
- Portfolio that displays an understanding of user-centered design
- Willingness to work closely with user experience architects, copywriters, web developers and others to produce a team-driven end product that leads to a top-notch user experience
- Solid knowledge of steps required in creative development process: ability to provide guidance to achieve creative direction, give timely and helpful coaching, and produce work in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Attention to detail, while also considering the big picture
- Excellent communication skills
Sears - 20 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...