Responsible for visual ownership of the Seventh Generation, bobble and future brands, the Art Director is the Design Lead who supervises the execution of a wide variety of communication materials that enhance our brands. The Art Director will set the Creative vision of the Seventh Generation brand by looking at the big picture of the brand experience and aiming for visual continuity across all mediums, outlets and categories (ongoing development of the Seventh Generation Masterbrand).
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Proactively partner with Agency creative teams & Internal Marketing and Digital teams, as well as other Creative team members, to develop and build upon our brand’s creative platforms
- Oversee and direct Graphic Designers on conceptualization and design of visual solutions, from concept to completion, for communication needs, including product packaging, point-of-sale and digital materials
- Ensure that Digital and Brand Marketing strategies are brand aligned
- Translate ideas and creative briefs into engaging visual presentation and design solutions, conceptualizing online and print experiences
- Ensure creative team compliance with brand standards to ensure a consistent presentation of materials across the marketplace
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with other members of the Creative Team, Sales, Marketing, other departments, and external organizations to achieve project goals and standards
- Produce a variety of original and imaginative concepts that keep within the guidelines of the creative brief and brand standards, while exceeding the client's expectations
- Communicate design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, research and other activities that support creative concept development in collaboration with others in the Creative and Marketing Services team
- Prepare art files for release to printers, developers or third-party websites
- Maintain digital assets and distribute to internal resources as necessary
- Supervise and direct freelance designers
- Supervise photo shoots (product and lifestyle) as necessary
- Supervise product press checks, to ensure that the highest standards are met
- Produce accurate and high quality work
- Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in graphic design or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience, 2-3 in a leadership role
- CPG experience a plus
- Proficiency working in print and digital mediums, with solid understanding of the differences between the two and the ability to effectively translate concept from one medium to the other
- Experience with packaging design and printing processes required.
- Highly efficient, with the ability to prioritize multiple details and tasks and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Experience with Web usability and digital design a plus.
- Very flexible and enjoys a variety of work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (including Web graphics production), InDesign, and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of CSS, HTML. Flash skills a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with extremely positive attitude and outlook.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Desire to work in a small, entrepreneurial environment and for a socially responsible business.
- Fast-paced environment
- Community requires active engagement in mission, vision, and values
Seventh Generation - 13 months ago
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment....