Oversee and lead creative brand design solutions from conception through implementation that strategically translate and support the brand strategy.
Seeking experienced Art Director to lead design and brand initiatives on a variety of accounts inside Specialized. Position reports into Chief Brand Officer. Candidate must have strong design and art direction background in branding, identity, web & print mediums. He/she will possess strong leadership abilities to direct, manage & oversee a variety of projects. Must be strategic thinker can make smart & quick decisions in fast paced and innovative environment.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO WIN
- Develop, direct and/or execute design solutions in alignment with project objectives and supervise the supporting team.
- Meet with Chief Brand Officer to align objectives, creative strategy and potential design solutions.
- Work collaboratively with marketing managers and product teams to review parameters, schedules, budgets and resource allocation issues.
- Review initial concepts and comps, oversee design evolution through to final art.
- Supervise external design resources; manage completion of deliverables; control accuracy and quality; meet schedule and budget requirements.
- Maintain constant communication with Team (Project Managers, Writers, Developers, IA, Strategist, etc.) on all issues listed above.
- Reviews work with Chief Brand Officer at key points during the project (prior to presentations).
- Presents work in meetings, discusses pros and cons, offers strategic solutions.
- Work closely with all team members in brand, strategy and marketing to ensure development and delivery of creative product meets all necessary requirements.
- 5-7+ years of solid brand and digital design experience, with exposure to brand strategy, video production, print and digital advertising, web based and interactive projects, trade shows and events, packaging, etc.
- Experience with high end sports brands a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience motivating and leading teams.
- The talent and experience to develop world-class, brand and strategy-driven design solutions.
- The ability to manage and motivate a design team to produce outstanding creative work – from initial concept through final execution.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
- Understanding on video production, UI and interactive development a big plus.
- Proven experience with strong storytelling skills
- Creatively has directed or led video, film, and postproduction
- Solid presentation skills and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (open, friendly and supportive attitude)
- Undergraduate degree (BFA) or equivalent; or 4 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree in design (MFA) or similar specialty preferred
Specialized is the global leader in the designing and manufacturing of high performing technologically advanced bicycles, components and cycling apparel for world champion riders and cycling enthusiasts. Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Morgan Hill, California, Specialized is a global company with offices throughout the world.
Specialized Bicycle Components - 15 months ago
Specialized Bicycle Components didn't set out to make a museum piece, but the company's original Stumpjumper (the first...