Position: Art Director
Reports directly to: Creative Director
Advertising Age ranks Wunderman as the #1 digital and #1 CRM agency in the world. Founded by Lester Wunderman in 1958, Wunderman has 170 offices in 60 countries and specialist teams in social, mobile, data and analytics that add depth and breadth to a full range of digital and direct client solutions. Informed by analytics and insight, our creative content engages the whole consumer—as participant, critic, creator and champion—in always-on conversation and dialogue to propel our clients’ growth. In Canada, Wunderman's key clients are Microsoft, Ford, Kraft Foodservice, Chico's, and Colgate. Wunderman is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY).
Reporting to the Creative Director, and Group Head, the purpose of this position is to develop and build out creative concepts across multiple channels for Wunderman’s roster of clients.
- Together with a writing partner, develop relevant creative ideas based the creative brief; with input from team members, and Creative Director;
- Present ideas to the Creative Director for approval of the creative concepts, to ensure all creative meets the client’s needs and the agency’s creative standards;
- Executes ideas (designs) for digital, direct mail, and print (plus other channels as required).
- Works to maintain quality control through all aspects of a concept’s execution;
- Presents layouts to the Creative Director, account team, and client for discussion and approval;
- Collaborate fully with the assigned Copywriter and all members of the Creative, Account and Production team;
- Inform the Resource Manager and Creative Director of progress;
- Regularly attends briefs, product group meetings, production meetings, and presentations;
- Contributes to the selection of photographers and/or illustrators in the final execution and visualization of the creative concept; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline.
- Must have portfolio of ideas that span relevant channels (digital, print, dm, mobile) with a focus on digital campaigns.
- 3 to 5 years experience as an Art Director.
- Proficiency on the Mac.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe Flash.
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML5 is an asset.
** If you are interested in applying for this position, please include a link to your online portfolio **
Wunderman - 18 months ago
If you've ever felt the need to "Be a Pepper," you can thank Young & Rubicam Brands (Y&R). As the advertising and...