Salesforce.com is looking for an amazing designer/art director with a solid history of creating impressive interactive/offline experiences and campaigns. You can conceive of engaging ideas that help propel a client’s brand and result in visually stunning award winning creative solutions. You must have an exceptional portfolio and a solid broadcast reel is a huge plus.
The Art Director has a unique understanding for strategy and a talent for creative development. He/She is able to manage and inspire a team, as well as work independently. Some jobs will require you to direct a team of people to produce your ideas and visions, while others will require hands-on art direction and design. The AD is able to work collaboratively with other creatives and the ECD, CD’s and ACD’s to arrive at solid concepts and then own those ideas through to completion.
You must have experience working in a web design or advertising agency environment. We are looking for you to have work involving websites, advertising, social networking and mobile, to name a few. You have a solid understanding of, if not hands-on experience, with multi-media interactive platforms and tools like Flash, video, 3D, coding and scripting, CS4, etc. You are experienced in working with designers, producers, videographers, action scripters, coders and animators to achieve high production values in the work.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Works in creative team, typically including an art director or senior art director
- Responsible for understanding the client’s business and industry.
- Participates in all necessary internal and external meetings – client briefings, status, team briefings, brainstorming sessions and presentations.
- Collaborates with team to deliver excellent work for every aspect of a project.
- Manages multiple projects for various clients and works with project management to meet all deadlines.
- Proactively identifies and pursues opportunities on behalf of the client that go beyond the obvious or accepted solution.
- Presents and sells work.
- Provides rationale for the team’s aesthetic and strategic thinking.
- Responsible for having a point of view and for expressing it well.
- Prepares for all internal and external presentations.
- Maintains strong, proactive relationship with all members of the creative, as well as members of the client team.
- Is aware and respectful of everyone’s role and contribution.
- Communicates with all team members about all current and future work.
- Attends meetings – punctual and prepared.
- Mentors, trains and inspires less experienced Art Directors/Designers and other team members.
- Communicates regularly with the ACD and Creative Director about Client issues, team dynamics, workloads, new opportunities, etc.
- Participates in building a strong, profitable and respected discipline.
- Works to stay current with and employ appropriate new technologies and opportunities.
- Contributes to all new business pitches whenever necessary and with a sense of urgency.
- Participates in building a collaborative, inspiring and fun culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Liberal Arts, Humanities or other relevant disciplines
- Minimum 2 years experience in an advertising agency or design shop or other professional environment including considerable writing.
- Must have an established portfolio which displays long-term client relationships, integrated campaigns, and compelling and effective writing
- Strong conceptual and compositional skills
- Experience with corporate branding, and a clear understanding of marketing strategies and concepts
- Must have strong presentation skills, and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret creative direction, and a willingness to learn
- A passion for the medium and a familiarity with its possibilities are essential
- Familiarity with current advertising and design trends, and practical knowledge of Internet and multimedia technology
- Penchant for detail