General Statement of Duties: Under general supervision, the Arts Mentor provides in-home support to an artist with disabilities and assists with the installation and usage of electronic recording equipment.
1. Assist with identifying and participating in activities that promote the individuals work and organize appropriate venues in and outside of the home.
2. Participate in setting goals and provide instruction as needed.
3. Keep team members informed of individuals progress in art and activities
4. Adapt activities to meet the needs of the individual
5. Prepare and organize equipment and maintain project work areas
6. Track equipment and supply inventory and work with the programs assistant director to purchase materials as needed
7. Document the services provided in the communication and staff log as required.
8. Complete data collection as necessary.
9. Ensure the person's safety and comply with program standards
10. Perform duties consistent with program and agency policies and procedures.
11. Provide support services in a professional manner and maintain confidentiality
12. Provide transportation for the individual to art studios and promotional events.