(Mid-Level CG Generalist) SPLASH Are you seeking a change of lifestyle and an opportunity to push artistic boundaries? Ignite Studio seeks to provide a home to a highly creative 3D Artist who would relish an opportunity to define our future graphics content for the casino players of tomorrow. The ideal candidate must communicate well in a creative cross-disciplinary environment and have the talent to produce work across a broad range of subjects and styles, from realistic art to more stylized themes, to create visually stimulating content that will enhance game playability and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience. OVERVIEWAs one of the vital creative engines for International Game Technology, Ignite Studio focuses on delivering products to our domestic partners and rapidly expanding international markets. With hit titles like Godzilla, The Dark Knight and Wolf Run to name just a few, our unique studio environment promotes a "work hard, play harder," environment to ensure employees have a proper work/home life balance to enjoy all our vibrant community has to offer. In the shadows of the Sierras, Reno gets over 300 days of sunshine each year, is minutes to world class skiing and summer activities in Lake Tahoe, and has many multicultural events that happen throughout the year in our area.DESCRIPTIONWe are seeking a talented 3D Artist - an enthusiastic, flexible, creative talent to complement an industry leading team in their quest to create next generation interactive games for the casino environment. You will work on both original IP and licensed content - across all aspects of a game's visual design, UI, art, animation, marketing artwork, and more. Blending artistic expertise and technical ability, you will create visually stimulating content that will enhance game playability and showcase original experiences to a wide player audience. RESPONSIBILITIES
Great sense of form and space, color and lighting, and both character and architectural design.
- Design and create 3D models, textures, lighting, and VFX - for use as both runtime and pre-rendered game assets.
- Focus includes traditional slot games and cutting edge, multi-display video products.
- Produce work across a broad range of subjects and styles - from Godzilla to CSI - from highly detailed and realistically rendered to cartoony/ more stylized themes..and everything in-between.
- Create high-res 3D models of characters, environments, symbols, graphic elements, and props.
- Skilled in modeling both hard surface and organic forms - with an excellent understanding of topology and UVs.
- Create texture and shader setups (knowledge of color, bump, normal, specularity, and diffuse maps).
- Solid understanding of lighting, VFX/ particle systems, renders passes (compositing is a plus).
- Must possess high degree of expertise in creative thinking and technical abilities.
- Actively participate and offer creative solutions to both art and game design challenges.
- Understand game design practices, game playability and actively play all studio products (in an effort to provide feedback and help ensure a quality product).
- Participate in establishing work assignments, content delivery reviews, milestones, QA/testing, research, etc.
- Work on multiple products with an ability to multitask.
- Associates/ Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 2 to 4 years of professional experience creating awesome 3D art.
Strong knowledge and understanding of human anatomy - with an eye for accurate proportions, form, and details.
Advanced working and technical knowledge of a 3-D package is a must: Maya, Max, Modo or Lightwave (Zbrush is a plus).
Solid Photoshop skills.
Knowledge and use of Unity or similar middleware preferred (workflow, tools, lighting, high and low poly modeling, texture paining, surface sampling, particle systems, mapping techniques, UV layout, in-game animation, material setup, layout, sfx, and engine parameters/optimizations desirable).
Ability to quickly learn new software and stay current with trends.
Knowledge of gaming field trends and gaming design preferred.
Must be organized, goal and detailed oriented. Strong communication and problem solving skills.
Must be collaborative - with the ability to take direction and to play well with others.
Must be 21 years of age and a security investigation will be conducted.
WORK / PORTFOLIO SAMPLES REQUIRED
Check us out:http://www.igt.com/us-en.aspxhttp://www.youtube.com/user/igtob=0&feature=results_main Posting Code: ~cb~
CareerBuilder - 12 months ago
International Game Technology (IGT) has hit the jackpot in the casino gaming business. The company is the world's largest gaming machin...